View Full Version : NFL Lockout

JohnnyD
03-03-2011, 01:07 PM
How is there not already a thread about this?

Today is D Day. What do you guys think about it? Will we have any more football in 2011? What excuse will we have when the fishing season is over to not have to work on the hunny-do list every Sunday?

I think I'm going to have to find a new appreciation for playoff baseball and early season basketball - because I'm not very confident we'll be watching football this year.

The Dad Fisherman
03-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I friggin LOVE Playoff Baseball.....best time of the year IMHO

1st NFL game I ever went to was a Scab game...Pats against the Browns....Larry Linne was their "Star" Receiver....:wall: Could happen again

fishbones
03-03-2011, 01:56 PM
I'll still be watching football even if there is an NFL lockout.

LINGERIE FOOTBALL LEAGUE / LINGERIE BOWL FRANCHISE - TRUE FANTASY FOOTBALL (http://www.lflus.com/)

Baltimore Charm: Lingerie Football Leagues could move to Sundays if there is an NFL lockout - baltimoresun.com (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-sportsblitz-nfl-lfl0303,0,3220749.story)

JohnnyD
03-03-2011, 02:48 PM
I friggin LOVE Playoff Baseball.....best time of the year IMHO

1st NFL game I ever went to was a Scab game...Pats against the Browns....Larry Linne was their "Star" Receiver....:wall: Could happen again

From what I've been hearing, there is no option of scabs should the lockout continue into the season.

SurfCaster413
03-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Wonder if there will be fanasty lingrie football lol am in

Slipknot
03-03-2011, 06:22 PM
the owners brought this on

they have too much money at stack not to get it done, I hope

owners want 18 games, the players don't and I agree with the players, stick to 16 games. We don't want the nfl turning into what happened to hockey. Also less chance fro injury.

MarkB
03-03-2011, 06:25 PM
With the talk about players already asking teammates for loans, I'm thinking the players will cave pretty quick once the paydays don't come. And any time lost will really hurt rookies. They need to see playbooks and get coached up for the NFL.

striperman36
03-03-2011, 06:55 PM
the average lifespan in the NFL is 4 years. Owners want to lock draft picks into 4 year deals. And they want us to pay, how much per ticket?

Well you make the choice.

JohnnyD
03-03-2011, 07:44 PM
the owners brought this on

they have too much money at stack not to get it done, I hope

owners want 18 games, the players don't and I agree with the players, stick to 16 games. We don't want the nfl turning into what happened to hockey. Also less chance fro injury.
I think the 18 game season is less of an issue than ongoing medical coverage and profit distribution. It's been assumed that if the number of games increased, so would salary caps and the typical player's pay.

Also if they do decide to go to 18 games, reports are that they will expand how many players can be on the roster.

striperman36
03-03-2011, 07:50 PM
I think the 18 game season is less of an issue than ongoing medical coverage and profit distribution. It's been assumed that if the number of games increased, so would salary caps and the typical player's pay.

Also if they do decide to go to 18 games, reports are that they will expand how many players can be on the roster.

I think that's a good idea, but I still think a draft with a 4 year salary lock in is not right.

Mr. Sandman
03-04-2011, 10:09 AM
I think it would be great if they shut it down for a year. Really.

What do you think the odds of that happening?