View Full Version : CITIZENS BANK IS SHADY!

basswipe
03-07-2011, 05:26 PM
These people have some seriously screwed up practices when it comes to overdrafts.They wacked me with a .01 cent overdraft last year and that was taken care of...cool.The $22 fee was waived.Who hits someone for overdrafting there account for .01 cent?

Again last year I was overdrafted for a bill a I paid.Even the company showed the payment was received in full on a certain date. I then made a purchase on my debit card according to the available balance which at the time reflected the payment.The withdrawel for the payment was on a later date according to the bank hence an overdraft fee.Didn't have the proof.

They tried it again today and this time I have the proof on the day the payment was received from Citizens to the company.No fee paid and the offending negative balance refunded and my business is now going somewhere else!

BEWARE!!!

Slipknot
03-07-2011, 05:28 PM
I file them along with Bank of America in that same category
hate them both

basswipe
03-07-2011, 05:50 PM
I file them along with Bank of America in that same category
hate them both

BOA got sued for the same shady practices and lost.As did Chase.You would think Citizens would wise up but why shoud they?The class action suits that BOA and Chase paid out were miniscule compared to the profits they made ripping people off.Nothing has changed.

They tell you to go paperless.Bullsh!t.Keep a hardcopy of EVERYTHING you do,it saved my a$$ some $$$.

Rob Rockcrawler
03-08-2011, 07:41 PM
I had a problem with Citizens a few years ago. Terrible customer service. I not so politely asked for all of my money on the spot, cash. Drove to the local bank and couldn't be happier that i did it.

mikecc
03-08-2011, 10:52 PM
My friend was buying a repo house from them . They made her jump thru hoops for the loan. It took 3 extensions because of the bank . Well 2 days before the passing the house is broken into and they stole all the copper pipes. now the bank will not sign over the insurance check to her. They are telling her to claim it on her insurance. She can't claim it on her insurance because she was not the owner :smash: at the time.
needless to say they are going to court.

GattaFish
03-08-2011, 11:59 PM
BIG BANKS ARE FEE MONGERS ... Hate them all,,,,,, Was lucky to have a Dad who did his service for this country,,, I got USAA insurance and Navy Federal Credit Union... Add that to my AA Credit Union and I can't be happier.....

Dick Durand
03-09-2011, 08:35 AM
As a corporation Citizens is apparently losing money . . . it certainly can't be because of the interest offered on savings accounts including CD's and MM's, so now they want to charge for all paper transactions: $2.00 monthly paper fees and $3.00 for check images.

basswipe
03-09-2011, 05:16 PM
As a corporation Citizens is apparently losing money . . . it certainly can't be because of the interest offered on savings accounts including CD's and MM's, so now they want to charge for all paper transactions: $2.00 monthly paper fees and $3.00 for check images.

Plus a fee if you don't use the account 5 times a month.Doesn't matter what the use is as long as its 5 transactions a month.