View Full Version : Lead balloon?

ecduzitgood
03-08-2011, 05:45 AM
Since we have to have a saltwater license now, wouldn't a couple of options be nice?

Why not have an option of a lifetime license?

Why don't they offer a combined fresh&salt water license, or maybe a discount if you purchase both?

Raven
03-08-2011, 06:25 AM
then they cannot raise fees on a yearly basis....

won't fly Dude :doh: but i agree with ya

ecduzitgood
03-08-2011, 08:05 AM
With the states desire to spend money I was thinking maybe they would find a $100-$200 dollar lifetime license something that would generate more money now.

robc22
03-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Since we have to have a saltwater license now, wouldn't a couple of options be nice?

Why not have an option of a lifetime license?

Why don't they offer a combined fresh&salt water license, or maybe a discount if you purchase both?

This would be the smart thing to do....so it will probably never happen.......

tysdad115
03-08-2011, 08:24 AM
I dont see that ever happening, it would be great to get a "sportsmans license" fresh,salt hunting etc and get the endorsements as needed. Way too efficient for this states government.

The Dad Fisherman
03-08-2011, 08:50 AM
With the states desire to spend money I was thinking maybe they would find a $100-$200 dollar lifetime license something that would generate more money now.

NH offers a Lifetime license option, It gets pro-rated based on your age...older you are the cheaper it is. it would also be significantly more than $100-$200......can't give a guy a a 200 lifetime license when he's 30 for 200 when, if he realistically is going to purchase that same license annually at $28 x 30(years remaining)= $840....way to much lost revenue.....

Here is what NH charges for a resident Lifetime license.

ecduzitgood
03-08-2011, 09:15 AM
NH offers a Lifetime license option, It gets pro-rated based on your age...older you are the cheaper it is. it would also be significantly more than $100-$200......can't give a guy a a 200 lifetime license when he's 30 for 200 when, if he realistically is going to purchase that same license annually at $28 x 30(years remaining)= $840....way to much lost revenue.....

Here is what NH charges for a resident Lifetime license.

Your right, I only threw the $100-$200 out there because I thought that I saw/read NY had that option.

Sportsman license that would be great, I didn't even think about that.

FishermanTim
03-08-2011, 12:22 PM
It's a great idea, but unfortunately great ideas ALWAYS get lost on/by government.
They could offer a lifetime license, pro-rated based on age, and it would generate quite a bit of money, which the state would pi$$ away on office redecorating and luxury vehicles for desk jockeys, payola for floozies to keep their mouths shut and golden parachute pensions for encarcerated criminal politicians!
Then, after all the money is wasted (as usual) they will claim that they don't have the funding for projects that the money was supposed to fund in the first place!

Once again, it is a great idea, but would be wasted on the idiots in charge of this state!

Swimmer
03-08-2011, 02:10 PM
They would have to hire an actuary as a state employee to figure this out and we all know how much that would cost.

JohnnyD
03-08-2011, 02:21 PM
They would have to hire an actuary as a state employee to figure this out and we all know how much that would cost.
There's one in the Political Forum for them. :rotflmao:

MarkB
03-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Fresh and salt water licenses are handled by different departments, so they can't be combined.

Why can't there be one state office to handle licenses of all kinds, and let them distribute the moneys appropriately? Because that would be too logical. :wall:

The lifetime license is actually a good idea, but it would depend on what they charged. They get the money up front, so they'd have to take a hit - like the lottery but in reverse.

Crest Daddy
03-08-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm in CT and have a combo license . 38$.
Where are you guys?