View Full Version : MSBA Charity Tournament

BEETLE
04-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Thanks John for the new section.
Just so everyone knows, the 6th annual MSBA Charity Tournament will be coming again in June.
The dates are Friday June 27th to the 29th. Mark your calenders for this not to be missed event.
Each year we run this tournament and give the proceeds, after covering expenses, to a Charity that benefits children. This year's charity is the Dream come True Fund, based out of the Weymouth Elks. This is similar to Make A Wish Foundation.
The Committee and I have been kicking a$$ on this thing this year and we got some nice stuff donated.

Over 75 sponsors donating over $25,000. in Merchandise!!

Here's a few to tease ya -

Raymarine 435 Chartplotter/GPS with Navionics Gold Chip
Lamiglas rods - wrapped by Mikecc - Thanks Mike
Rule Mate 1100's
Dozens of Custom and Factory rods
Shimano reels
MapTech navigator pack
A Handful of Charter Trips
Todd Marine 36 gallon Livewell system
H2 Optics and Aussie Tackle sunglasses
Gift certificates to major stores, services, and Manufacturers
Boxes and boxes of lures and assorted tackle !
And of course the $1000. grand prize.

More news to follow over the next month or so - were just getting sponsors wrapped up and getting everything ready for advertising and print - so be patient !!!
Beetle

:wave:

Van
04-09-2003, 09:27 AM
EXCELLENT !!

:btu: :btu: :btu: :btu: :btu: :claps: :claps:

bloocrab
04-10-2003, 01:06 AM
..how about a link as to how one would sign up..

JohnR
04-10-2003, 06:43 AM
Bloo - flyers and info and stuff should be coming out soon... Tourney is in late June and I believe all Mass waters... Winner of at least 2 of the last 4 was from da beach!

BEETLE
04-10-2003, 09:07 PM
Bloo
As far as a link goes - I think there will be one here - but only to the MSBA website / Tournament page.
To sign up you'll have to go to a shop that is doing registrations. There will be about 15 or so this year. (5 to date in the Cape, 2 on the North Shore, and the rest South of Boston).
Before the forms and posters are distributed, i'll let you guys know who will be registration stations.
Like i said, be patient, we are just getting the graphics work done before we can go to printers. Probably Early May when we have that stuff to deliver to shops.
Beetle

shore manic
04-11-2003, 06:45 PM
i believe the registration fee was $20 or 25 last year plus you get a super nice msba tourney t- shirt and a weekend of marathon fishing.last year 20-30 mph N.E. winds fri.and sat.made for some tough conditions but the fishing was good i think a 39lb.the first day won it.

BEETLE
04-11-2003, 08:05 PM
Same deal this year - (But without the wind ?? ) - $25. Adult - $15. Juniors and a t-shirt to the first 250 that register.
Last year was a 37 lb. and 12 blue combined to get the $1000. grand prize.
This year will be the same but - B-3 Sports Manufacturing will also kick in another $500., if both the fish are photographed being landed with one of their Pro-Catch nets.

BEETLE
05-26-2003, 05:35 PM
Hello all, here's an update on the MSBA Charity Tournament.

The registration forms and t-shirts have been delivered to all the shops doing registrations, (except for Fishing Finatics and Surfland, which will be done this week) There are 15 shops from Surfland to Blackbeards to register.

This is going to be a great tournament this year, we have a lot of nice prizes to give away - PLUS - we're going to have a raffle table with some prizes worth over $300. !!!! I recommend registering early if you want to get a t-shirt - there's only 250 of them.

See our website for more info (www.MSBA.net) , click on the "tournaments" link on the front page - that will give you the information.

tight lines,
beetle bailey
tournament captain

BEETLE
06-18-2003, 11:40 AM
The products are sorted, bagged and tagged for the tournament,
and are ready for the 29th.
There will be over 5 Thousand dollars of products going on the raffle table, come by on the 29th and buy some tickets for a good cause, even if you don't have the chance to fish the tournament.
:btu: