View Full Version : Taco GS270 Outrigger Question

Piscator
03-11-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm looking at a pair of Taco Grand Slam bases 270's, anyone have a set?

If so, do you know what the measurement is from the center of the bottom base to the tip of the handle? I want to make sure I have enough clearance between the T-Top posts and the handel. Another option is the offset handle but those Grand Slam bases are sold separate and not sold in a kit.

PRBuzz
03-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Mine are the GS270's! Not sure what your questions are but you are welcome to come study mine.

Piscator
03-11-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm trying to find out how long the black handle is from the edge to where it meet the base

PRBuzz
03-11-2011, 04:15 PM
OK, so I climbed into the boat just for you!

about 6 1/4 to 6 1/2"

Piscator
03-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Phil, AWESOME!!!

Thanks for checking that out for me (I'm sure it felt good to be on the boat!). That is exactly what I needed. Thanks again

PRBuzz
03-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Phil, AWESOME!!!

Thanks for checking that out for me (I'm sure it felt good to be on the boat!). That is exactly what I needed. Thanks again

Yes, wanted to stay on board and have a beer and hold a pole overboard for sh*ts and giggles.....:rotf2:

Under the cover looked really nice, she weathered the winter FINE!

Raider Ronnie
03-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Had those mounts in my Parker.
Excellent mounts in my opinion with lots of adjustment options and very easy to set out & in.
One caution, the big black knob to set the angle.
Learn to set the angle in so it's locked and tighten down good on the black knob. The black car covering the thru bolt falls off so take it off or remove it and put some hot glue or other adhesive to keep it on
The 1 1/2 poles are ok but 4ft spreader bars will do a number on them.