View Full Version : need some book reccomendations - funny ones

RIJIMMY
03-16-2011, 08:39 AM
I just finished reading " In 50yrs we'll all be Chicks" by Adam Corolla and really enjoyed it. I'm looking for some similar recommendations- funny, cynical, sarcastic books. lets hear 'em

SurfCaster413
03-16-2011, 08:54 AM
I hope they sever beer in hell. Must read I never laughed so hard then I saw the movie and was dieing laughing

The Dad Fisherman
03-16-2011, 09:03 AM
That books on my list.....

fishbones
03-16-2011, 09:17 AM
I mostly read fishing and boating books, but the Adam Corolla book is on my list. I'd like to hear about some good humorous books, too.

JohnnySaxatilis
03-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Lamb, The Gospel according to Biff. By Christopher Moore. Funniest book I've ever read. he's written a bunch of other ones as well, 7 total I think, but thats the best one. Its good stuff. If you like drinking, drugs, sex, violence, wierd outlandish claims to history, kung fu, ancient mysteries, and hilarious dialogue, you'll like this book.
Also I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell was good, worth reading for sure. But painfully obvious that he made up most of what he wrote. He should have just called it a work of fiction based on events, but funny non the less.

JackK
03-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Check out the novels by Tim Dorsey. Take place (generally) in FLA... Protagonist is a schizophrenic serial killer who's obsessed with history named Serge. Great storylines, hilarious content, drugs, sex, murder and mystery. I've really enjoyed em.