View Full Version : The Sky is Falling (again)

PRBuzz
03-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Wear your helmets when driving through the Big Dig tunnels: 110lb light fixtures are falling down due to corrosion.

FishermanTim
03-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Wear your helmets when driving through the Big Dig tunnels: 110lb light fixtures are falling down due to corrosion.

When do you think the play-do they used to build that majestic homage to Massachusetts will start to fail?

If you look at the track record of all the "major" construction thats been done in this state within the past 30 years, it's amazing that we haven't crumbled to the ground and sunk into the ocean.

So much for the skilled labor and intelligent leadership the state has been priviledged to claim as its own in that timeframe!

Not to sidestep the topic, but has anyone had the fun of driving south on 128 within the past month?

There are miles of that road that have been ruined by shoddy workmanship (highly skilled workers?) and horrible plow operators (also highly skilled?).

I had a front end alignment done back in Feb, and it lasted just long enough to get from Quincy to Milton because of these "high skilled (doubtful) laborers".

There are more pock-marks and potholes that there is road when you get near the Blue Hills area.

Just some more of the "status quo" when it comes to the state screwing the "hard working, tax paying" residents.

likwid
03-16-2011, 04:56 PM
When do you think the play-do they used to build that majestic homage to Massachusetts will start to fail?

If you look at the track record of all the "major" construction thats been done in this state within the past 30 years, it's amazing that we haven't crumbled to the ground and sunk into the ocean.

So much for the skilled labor and intelligent leadership the state has been priviledged to claim as its own in that timeframe!

Not to sidestep the topic, but has anyone had the fun of driving south on 128 within the past month?

There are miles of that road that have been ruined by shoddy workmanship (highly skilled workers?) and horrible plow operators (also highly skilled?).

I had a front end alignment done back in Feb, and it lasted just long enough to get from Quincy to Milton because of these "high skilled (doubtful) laborers".

There are more pock-marks and potholes that there is road when you get near the Blue Hills area.

Just some more of the "status quo" when it comes to the state screwing the "hard working, tax paying" residents.

Spend a day driving around on Long Island, you'll think the roads in MA are the greatest ever.

PRBuzz
03-16-2011, 05:05 PM
What's wrong with our long used process of government construction contracts going to lowest bidder.....cheapest materials and likely sub-standard work? Everything is and will be done to cut costs!

blondterror
03-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Ever driven in Germany... the major roads (Autobahns = Interstate type US roads) are amazing how smooth and well designed they are... they drain properly, they are banked properly and they are repaired before they become a hazard.. they are also better drivers than typical americans Even the fast drivers DO NOT hang out in the fast lane.. they pass and move over, pass and move over

FishermanTim
03-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Heck, even New Hampshire roads are better than any road in Massachuisetts (except any road that a politician lives on!)

I was really insulted by the flunky that they threw in front of the camera last night, trying to explain why they waited over a month to disclose this lastest fustercluck with the big dig.
He had the hardest time trying to complete a full coherent sentence.
Maybe he should have had a teleprompter to organize his thoughts so that he wouldn't have come off sounding like a complete idiot.

Even worse was their idiotic solution to the problem: just move the clips over.
How the hell is that going to solve the problem? All they are doing is postponing the inevitable, which will lead to another accident/death.

PRBuzz
03-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Maybe he should have had a teleprompter to organize his thoughts so that he wouldn't have come off sounding like a complete idiot.

Doesn't help some people! Politicians in DC being a prime example.

JackK
03-17-2011, 11:10 AM
The 128 trek is brutal. The roads in Gloucester are pretty bad in some spots, is it still considered a pothole if it's over a foot deep?

fishbones
03-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Heck, even New Hampshire roads are better than any road in Massachuisetts (except any road that a politician lives on!)

Really? I'm not sure when you were last in the N. Conway/Bartlett area, but those roads are far worse than the roads I'm driving on in Mass. Route 16 and 302 are terrible, and the secondary roads are much worse. I was up there last week from Thursday till Sunday and need a chiropractor visit after driving on those roads for 4 days. I know you like to blame everything on MA state employees, but sometimes the blame needs to go to Mother Nature. She can be a real bitch at times. Or, the simple solution would be to move somewhere where there are no frost heaves. Then, you'd have to complain about the heat and/or humidity.