View Full Version : the wait !!!

stiff tip
03-19-2011, 07:55 AM
canal herrin run.:fishin:i have always gauged when the start of real fishing for me was when you got that first "short run" of bass at or around the canal h-run....:love:.......most times its a nooner high tide at warmest part of the day.....i hope around may 6ish ...i miss the herrin fishing, but not the nuttieness ....:smash:... the plugs work better u gut to beleave:rotf2: .i cant wait for that brite east sun to warm my bodywhile standing on the rocks . that is christmas time to me...:fishin:what way do u guage your spring fishing

ProfessorM
03-19-2011, 03:01 PM
I used to wait till Flap called and told me they were in my fav spot. Now I guess i'll wait for you to tell me.

wader-dad
03-19-2011, 03:44 PM
When I was a kid my father would look for the Forsythia's to bloom and that was time to think about fishing for winter flounders. That was the sign.

Now when they bloom it is time to fish for schoolies here in CT in the Housatonic river near me. Usually starts the last week in March.

Just n time
03-20-2011, 01:35 AM
:chased:It usually begins in early May someplace deep in the marsh in relatively shallow water that warms with the rising sun to about 56-58ish. There will be a herring run close by with bass cruising into the shallows for a meal. Top water will rule the day and the mighty smack it will do major damage. As the tide drops so does the wind,it's warm out maybe 60 or so,no bugs,the sun starts to drop and the bite turns on as bass stack up in the channel smashing the rub dripping with berkley's herring power juice... 25 keepers later you gaze out over a spectacular sunset and know that another season begins,the quest for a cow has started... this is what it is really all about.. and the" Good Lord "is smiling on you...:chased:

stiff tip
03-21-2011, 06:58 AM
I used to wait till Flap called and told me they were in my fav spot. Now I guess i'll wait for you to tell me.

i loved it when flap would call me and say its time.he knew with in 2 days when .no calander needed...

Rappin Mikey
03-21-2011, 09:01 AM
I start the second week of April. By the third week I'm usually catching keepers every outting.

Crest Daddy
03-21-2011, 04:51 PM
When I was a kid my father would look for the Forsythia's to bloom and that was time to think about fishing for winter flounders. That was the sign.

Now when they bloom it is time to fish for schoolies here in CT in the Housatonic river near me. Usually starts the last week in March.

Correction. Starts the last week in March and runs til the minute before the last week in March :) !!! See you out there.

piemma
03-22-2011, 02:36 AM
First Dandilion blooms. I have always gaged it by them. Of course, this year it may be different as we got a couple of inches of snow in Burrillville yesterday with more supposedly tomorrow.

So far, 2011 weather sucks. I still have some snow on the ground from all the Jan storms!