View Full Version : RI Beach cleanup

MakoMike
04-11-2003, 07:20 AM
RISAA's newly formed Public Access Committee will be coordinating a public access "Clean-up Day" next Saturday, April 12 with the RIDEM. Anyone can and should participate. We will meet at two locations starting at 9:00 a.m.. One location is the "Black Point" public access off Ocean Road in Narragansett, RI (just north of Scarborough Beach). The second location is at the "West Wall" public access which is just to the east of East Matunuck State Beach, off Rt. 1.

If we want to keep Rhode Island's access points "public" we need to start doing things like this. Bitching about those that litter without taking action will only result in closure of public access areas as State budgets dwindle. Public participation will be essential if the proposed Jamestown Bridge Fishing Pier is to become a reality. A good showing at our "Clean-up Day" on April 12 will send the right kind of message to State officials. PUT APRIL 12, 9:00 A.M. ON YOUR CALENDAR.

I'll be at the west wall tomorrow, if anyone from here sees me in a bright yellow ski jacket, say hello!

Bill L
04-11-2003, 08:36 AM
FYI, I have heard that this has been moved to Sunday the 13th due to weather.....

MakoMike
04-11-2003, 01:01 PM
Mat,
That would be good news. I just came in from outside and I was thinking that, if it keeps up like this, it'll be impossible to get anything done.