View Full Version : Traces of radiation found in Mass rainwater...

FishermanTim
03-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Heard this on the news and my first reaction was to say "D'uh"!!!!

Have we forgotten about past experiences?
Do they think we are all as ignorant of the weather and weather patterns (most fishermen are better meteorologist that anyone on TV) as they want to claim we are?

Remember that Icelandic volcano a few years back?
Remember how it affected air travel through most of eastern europe for months?

I also remember another volcano eruption in the late 1800's (from history books) that took place in the south Pacific and affected the weather across the globe. The year or so after that event saw New England's only summer with snowfall (in June).

So with the radiation released in Japan being picked up by the jet stream winds, thr radiation will effectively reach every continent on the globe, except, possibly, Antartica.

The real concern shouldn't just be that radiation has been detected, but that with the jet stream influence, we will be receiving a constant supply of the stuff for as long as it is present.
Now if they have a major meltdown and release of a mega-dose of radiation, we could be in for some serious long-term trouble.

Just a little something to think about.

Raven
03-28-2011, 01:13 PM
we'll no longer need flashlights

ecduzitgood
03-28-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm glad I'm inside surrounded by all the radiation being emitted by my electronic devices. I'm watching an actual nuclear disaster happening right now, and I am keeping track of all the harm done.
Death toll = 0 and counting.