View Full Version : Peopossed ammendments on Maine Fishing lisence

stripermaineiac
03-29-2011, 06:04 PM
LD 210 will exempt people from under 16 from needing a license. It will make it that people on charter boats won't need a license. Smelt fishermen renting commercial shacks won't need a license. If fishing from a registered dock peir or wharf you won't need one.Anyone who holds a license from anyother state won't need one.Plus the biggie is that anyone who holds a saltwter license in any other state won't need one. This has overwelming support from the Marine source fisheries council. The only group against it is the Maine chapter of CCA.I thing they have their heads up their bu--- but that's my oppinion. This is being pushed by just about everyone that has anything to do with tourism in Maine. One comment was this is supposed to be Vacationland not TAXATIONLAND. I'll post more as it comes up. This info came from the Maine Sportsman. There's more to the article but it just affects us. Ron

Rob Rockcrawler
03-29-2011, 07:12 PM
I have never fished Maine but its nice to know that i may not need to buy a license for there if i go.

JohnnyD
03-30-2011, 06:49 AM
One comment was this is supposed to be Vacationland not TAXATIONLAND.
Is this just for saltwater or salt/fresh? In terms of not being taxationland, sure would be nice if I didn't have to pay $43 for a 7-day freshwater license when we camp up there. Ridiculous.

FishermanTim
03-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I love how many states want to attract tourism, but if you're touring involves fishing or hunting those incentives never apply.
Look at the non-resident fishing, hunting or combined licenses for other states and tell me how will that make me really want to travel to that state?
Both Maine and New Hampshire have a non-resident fishing license that cost almost double of the resident one. Heck, even the 1,3 5 and 7 day ones are very cost prohibitive. When you take into consideration the strict regulations that a lot of states have in the fishery industry, it makes me wonder why anyone would want to pay more to get less on such a level?