View Full Version : MEETING::

Clammer
04-06-2011, 06:27 PM
FYI,

There is a meeting @ the statehouse next Weds, the 13th ,to discuss .. stronger fines & penelties for illegal activities concerning stripers;;

Lets see who shows up ......... I,ve gone to most meetings that have been held . concerning most of the fisheries bass, pogies, etc .

I know of one guy on this site that has made them all & except for the meeting for a increase in the quota for bass

I,m having trouble coming up with another /

I remember a old saying >>>>>>>> Bull #^&#^&#^&#^& talks / action walks ............. never been any truer than on the net :wall:

JohnR
04-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Daytime or nighttime?

I've been to a few and don't see you there.

RST is usually at the meetings - I see him in more places than anyone.

Clammer
04-06-2011, 07:53 PM
2pm sENATE lOUNGE

JohnR
04-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Details from SNESA list:

SPECIAL SENATE TASK FORCE ON FISHERIES

NOTICE OF MEETING

DATE: Wednesday, April 13, 2011
TIME: 2:00 P.M.
PLACE: Senate Lounge - State House

Purpose of the Meeting: Discussion regarding increasing fines and penalties for illegally possessing stripped bass.

Witnesses

1. Mark Gibson, Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
2. Steven Hall, Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
3. Ken Booth, RI Commercial Rod & Reel Association
4. Stephen Medeiros, RI Salt Water Anglers Association
5. Invited: RI Charter Boat Association
6. Invited: RI Fisherman’s Alliance
7. Invited: RI Commercial Fisherman’s Association
8. Invited: RI Marine Trades (Snug Harbor Marina)
9. Invited: RI Marine Fisheries Council

Public Comment
The Committee respectfully requests that witnesses limit their testimony to the purposes identified above and come prepared to present specific ideas to address increasing fines and penalties for illegally possessing striped bass.

For information please contact Nancy Sullivan, Commission Clerk at (401) 323-8049.

POSTED: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6, 2011, 11:25 A.M.
REVISED: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6, 2011, 1:10 P.M.

fishbones
04-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks for posting. I'll be there if I don't have anything at work keeping me from it. I work right down the street and can walk there.

PRBuzz
04-07-2011, 08:52 AM
FYI,

There is a meeting @ the statehouse next Weds, the 13th ,....

The RI state house!

Rob Rockcrawler
04-07-2011, 08:53 AM
I cant imagine what the argument would be agaisnt increased fines and penalties.

Jackbass
04-07-2011, 09:44 AM
There is also an MFAC meeting in Waltham today. After lunch they will be discussing the addendum to the Striped bass management plan. I will not be attending I have to work unfortunately.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Adam_777
04-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Not going.I work for a living.2pm are they crazy?Doesn't everyone work during the weekdays.I support higher fines but being a noob to this process would that mean I would have to stand up and say something in front of everyone or do you just go and say nothing and blend into the furniture.Are they looking for peoples opinions or just to see if people would support it ?

I've never been to one so I am clueless.I would like to get more involved.

Clammer
04-07-2011, 04:34 PM
DEM ,

Holds alot of their meetings @ 3PM ...I,m guessing its because some of them maybe on the clock ;;

Adam_777
04-07-2011, 04:38 PM
So do you just sit in,stand up and talk or do they take votes from the people that are present ?

Jackbass
04-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Depends on the meeting sometimes there for public comment. For the most part you can provide public comment via email or write in as well
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device