View Full Version : idea for the plug builders

RIJIMMY
04-07-2011, 09:02 AM
I know the last thing you guys need is me in this forum.
The last few nights I've been thinking about something that would be deadly.

A popper type head, 2 inches long, big eyes, with a single siwash in the back. You would put a sluggo type rubber on the siwash hook. This would make a sluggo with a popper head. Also could do a needlefish type head.
If I had the skills, I would make a few. Thought I'd share the idea and see what others think.

fishbones
04-07-2011, 09:39 AM

A popper type head, 2 inches long, big eyes, with a single siwash in the back. You would put a sluggo type rubber on the siwash hook. This would make a sluggo with a popper head. Also could do a needlefish type head.
If I had the skills, I would make a few. Thought I'd share the idea and see what others think.

Kind of like a Hab's Tallywhacker but without the lip? There are some makers that do the small needlefish with a rubber tail. I'd be curious to see what a popper head with a tail would do. You should get to work on it. You could develop your plugbuilding skills in no time.

The Dad Fisherman
04-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Probably work Pissah....castability would probably be an issue though

fishbones
04-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Probably work Pissah....castability would probably be an issue though

It won't be an issue for him. He bought a boat because he can't cast more than 20 feet.

GattaFish
04-07-2011, 10:59 AM
It won't be an issue for him. He bought a boat because he can't cast more than 20 feet.

Doink,,,,,:rotf2::rotf2:

wrikerjr
04-07-2011, 04:49 PM
poppers that don't cast are not really something that plug builders look into. Many needle fish with rubber tails are made, most of them don't sell great because you can take a pre-existing needle and put a rubber tail on it.

As aplug builder its tough to make a jointed or anything else that people are interetested in.

RIJIMMY
04-07-2011, 07:09 PM
i know what the tallywackers look like, this is different.

just a 2 inch head, think of a fly popper. Basically an open mouth, eye and siwash. I dont think it would cast any differently than a normal sluggo.
Working it like a popper, you'd have the splash and then the rubber would pulsate at rest.

striperman36
04-07-2011, 07:14 PM

you could do it with a casting egg.

johnny ducketts
04-08-2011, 07:50 AM
that gives me an idea, I got a shipment of alumilite coming, I've wanted to try it for a while, but that sounds like it would be a pretty easy mold to make. Getting the ratios right, that's another story, but I'm up for a challenge

RIROCKHOUND
04-08-2011, 08:44 AM
i know what the tallywackers look like, this is different.

just a 2 inch head, think of a fly popper. Basically an open mouth, eye and siwash. I dont think it would cast any differently than a normal sluggo.
Working it like a popper, you'd have the splash and then the rubber would pulsate at rest.

Poke a hole through a wine cork. slide it on ahead of the sliggo.

I could tell you where in the bay I used this rig in my little Whaler, but I'd have to kill you.

saltydog
04-09-2011, 03:26 PM
something like, BOB POP'S BIG BANGER. but in wood. HUMMMMMM

striperman36
04-09-2011, 04:54 PM
that gives me an idea, I got a shipment of alumilite coming, I've wanted to try it for a while, but that sounds like it would be a pretty easy mold to make. Getting the ratios right, that's another story, but I'm up for a challenge

I'll be interested to see this. Alumilite's on my list.

fishbones
04-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Jimmy, did you get the email I sent you with the pic?

RIJIMMY
04-11-2011, 02:20 PM
this is the idea I had - like wooden jog head with a through wire. Siwash would swing free, adding to the action

fishbones
04-11-2011, 02:36 PM
this is the idea I had - like wooden jog head with a through wire. Siwash would swing free, adding to the action

That's awesome that you include your kids in the planning of the plug by having them do the drawing!

johnny ducketts
04-11-2011, 03:06 PM
I'll bust out the sculpey tonight and see If I can make something like that. Shouldn't be too bad.

RIJIMMY
04-11-2011, 03:21 PM
That's awesome that you include your kids in the planning of the plug by having them do the drawing!

i actually thought that came out pretty good considering I was drawing with the mouse. I think I missed my calling

fishbones
04-11-2011, 03:37 PM
i actually thought that came out pretty good considering I was drawing with the mouse. I think I missed my calling

I was just bustin' on you. Your drawing was pretty good and showed what you were describing well. But in the future if you ever need a drawing on the computer, I'd be happy to do it for you. Here's a pic I drew of me riding a turtle. As you can see, I'm really good.

O.D. Mike
04-12-2011, 04:47 AM
I was just bustin' on you. Your drawing was pretty good and showed what you were describing well. But in the future if you ever need a drawing on the computer, I'd be happy to do it for you. Here's a pic I drew of me riding a turtle. As you can see, I'm really good.

I want your job.....

The Dad Fisherman
04-12-2011, 06:58 AM
I'll make you a couple....looks easy enough.

What color do you want?

fishbones
04-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Jimmy, you were right. Last night I measured the popper head in the pic I emailed you and it's over 2"s. I would have sworn it was 2 or less. I have another trick up my sleeve that I may try tonight if I have time after working on my basement.

Raven
04-12-2011, 09:52 AM
something you may not have discovered in your life thus far is

that your hands and the dexterity that you build into them
is what acquire's the skills ....it's not all mental that that you
think into them... at the time of doing a task

they sorta have their own internal memory "so to speak"

i learned this one day.... when i knew i knew how to do something
but just couldn't remember the "how" as it had been way to long ago

then after "handling" the object my hands suddenly did it automatically
as if they had a mind of their own....

i marveled at that concept and was glad it worked that way

RIJIMMY
04-12-2011, 10:37 AM
I'll make you a couple....looks easy enough.

What color do you want?

white and white

RIJIMMY
04-12-2011, 10:37 AM
something you may not have discovered in your life thus far is

that your hands and the dexterity that you build into them
is what acquire's the skills ....it's not all mental that that you
think into them... at the time of doing a task

they sorta have their own internal memory "so to speak"

i learned this one day.... when i knew i knew how to do something
but just couldn't remember the "how" as it had been way to long ago

then after "handling" the object my hands suddenly did it automatically
as if they had a mind of their own....

i marveled at that concept and was glad it worked that way

i have no idea what that means, but thanks

O.D. Mike
04-13-2011, 04:55 AM
Jimmy, did you get the email I sent you with the pic?

I can't wait to see what you catch with your hybrid!!! Its a good design, you should make it larger? For use with large Ronz's. Let me know if I can help.....

The Dad Fisherman
04-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Spun'em up last night....

RIJIMMY
04-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Spun'em up last night....

cool, lets see what ya got.

And I recently watched "the Social Network" so if you make billions, i want a cut!