View Full Version : Spring Update - Getting Ready

Moses
04-10-2011, 11:12 AM
So, been busy prepping my striper and tuna gear over the past 3 months. Spring cleaning around the home/yard is essentially done which is great.

Been hitting a few herring runs in SE Mass and the results have been very mixed. As usual, the Middleboro run is loaded and has been for weeks.

And some video.

http://youtu.be/qc238x--9gw

Moses
04-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Also been working on my boat. Launched her yesterday out of Wareham. Noon time conditions were very nice. She started right up and idled very smooth. Let her run for 30 mins before I took a little ride.

Water temps in the river ranged from 49 all the way up to 46 where Wareham meets the Weweantic. Ventured out to upper Buzzards Bay and then to canal (43 degrees) to around the recreation area and back again. 2hr trip total and boat ran great.

Couple pics.

Saltheart
04-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Always a great day the first time you take it out each season start. For many years i had a very fixed schedule for my boat launching each season. i would be down there in March waiting for a nice day to paint the bottom and on the not so nice days do everything else that was needed. Most can be done from the boat after launch but you need the boat on poppets to paint the bottom (sail boat). I would launch the boat on April 1 no matter what! I would then head for Newport. Sometimes this was a hundred mile solo trip and sometimes just 20 miles depending where I stored it over the winter. What a great day! To be out there for the first time after about 4 months was always a big pleasure. Coldest water temps of the boating season so even on a sunny day you have to dress well. There are times when I really miss that boat!