View Full Version : Seasonal Stuff

flyvice11787
04-15-2011, 03:52 PM
So what is everybody drinking? It's officially spring, and with it, everybody's spring offerings. This week I had the Southampton Uber Bock (not quite the 7% ABV for them to call it a doppelbock) and the Dogfish Head Aprihop. Both were quite good :drool:. The Aprihop reminds me of the Nugget Nectar ( you reading this, John :hee:).

PRBuzz
04-15-2011, 05:11 PM
The one season (or two since I don't like the Summer's either) I hate for seasonal brews! Just bought a case of the standby: Sam Lager.

JohnnySaxatilis
04-15-2011, 08:09 PM
The one season (or two since I don't like the Summer's either) I hate for seasonal brews! Just bought a case of the standby: Sam Lager.

no sam nobil pills?

Jenn
04-17-2011, 07:28 AM
Speaking of Seasonals.....I usually try to buy a few "extras" of the ones I like when in season. Unfortunately.......I didnt realize Narragansett Porter was seasonal and I am out .....

rphud
04-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Anything "seasonal" from Founders is usually quite awesome. Double Trouble is up right now, but not for long, and it is fantastic. Curmudgeon is up next. I found Harpoon Leviathon is Quad just the other day and it is very worthwhile.

I like Nobil Pils, but I would prefer they make that through the summer. New England spring is a bit chilly for pils to me.

jon2465
04-17-2011, 12:56 PM
So what is everybody drinking? It's officially spring, and with it, everybody's spring offerings. This week I had the Southampton Uber Bock (not quite the 7% ABV for them to call it a doppelbock) and the Dogfish Head Aprihop. Both were quite good :drool:. The Aprihop reminds me of the Nugget Nectar ( you reading this, John :hee:).

Harry(hello) im reading it....to me apihop is way overpriced just like most of DFH.... good beer but not quite worth the $$$ we pay for it.. gimme a founders,goose,to name a few or plenty of others...to me itchaca flower power( especially fresh) is much better and made in NY
I maybe in the minority but besides 60,90,120,WWS the rest of DFH just does'nt live up to the hype

edit squall is pretty dam good too

jon2465
04-17-2011, 01:22 PM
oh by the way had SH grand crue.....incredible

flyvice11787
04-17-2011, 07:19 PM
oh by the way had SH grand crue.....incredible

Most of their stuff is pretty good :uhuh:. It tastes even better when I pay less than most people :tooth:.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

fishbones
04-18-2011, 10:16 AM
no sam nobil pills?

I really like the Noble Pils. I'm gonna stock up a bit since I'm guessing it's gonna be phased out soon. The Sam Summer (and a lot of other summer brews) are starting to show up at the bars and stores now.

JoeBass
04-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Long Trail Pollenator is a dynamite spring ale. Wolavers has an interesting spring offer, wildflower wheat. It's a little bit too honey flavored to drink more than one, they use Vermont honey, but one is nice.

Mike P
04-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Shipyard makes a nice summer ale.

Saltheart
04-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Speaking of Seasonals.....I usually try to buy a few "extras" of the ones I like when in season. Unfortunately.......I didnt realize Narragansett Porter was seasonal and I am out .....

Their porter and also their bock were both very good. I want to try their "Fest" which is an October Fest style. Very hard to beat the Bang for the Buck that Gansetts new Seasonals offer! Only complaint I have is that I have not seen any by the case at case pricess. Just seen 6 packs at the 6 pack prices

I hope they do a Winter Ale next season.

Sam Adams makes a nice Winter Ale.