View Full Version : tax day grumpage....

FishermanTim
04-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Sure, we can all find something to complain about when discussing taxes in any way, shape or method.
My grumpage has to deal with the fact that both state and federal agencies are pretty much MAKING us have to do our forms online.
No tax books are sent for federal anymore (at least I haven't gotten one for the past few years) and state book is mailed but does not contain ANY instructions.
If you don't have a computer, or don't trust using them to do your taxes, you are pretty much screwed.

SO, let's get the story straight.
The state & federal tax agencies are edging towards having all tax forms submitted online, and is going as far as telling you on the cover of the state tax book. If you don't have a pc, you will have to pay to have someone do you taxes for you.

Is it just me, or does this smell like the state and government are looking to get our money even quicker than usual?

It's bad enough that I had to pay this year, but to make it harder to just "do" your taxes is just making it harder to tolerate getting "screwed" every year! :smash: :wall: :fury:

Piscator
04-18-2011, 03:31 PM
I bet they save a ton of tax payer money by not having to print all those books.

PRBuzz
04-18-2011, 04:45 PM
As long as the eFile for FED (5 filings) is included in my purchase of H&R Block tax software, I'll e-file BUT I WILL NOT PAY $19.95 to eFile the state return! Couple of foreever stamps works just fine.

JohnR
04-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Taxes :wall:

On an unrelated note, my wife was finally able to find the same source various guvmint agencies use to procure toilet paper (you know the kind that doubles as sand paper?)

The Dad Fisherman
04-19-2011, 07:07 AM
There was a time when soldiers would just walk on your property and take a chicken and a goat........times are a changin.