View Full Version : Schoolie bite

RIROCKHOUND
04-21-2011, 06:28 AM
All:

Please remember to crush your barbs and encourage others to switch to single hooks this early when the micro's are around

Talked to a diver who was scouting for scallops adjacent to a popular so-co spring schoolie spot and he's already seeing (recently) dead schoolies on the bottom

afterhours
04-21-2011, 06:35 AM
i used to fish for schoolies but got sick of seeing guys ripping them apart to save a .50 cent piece of rubber and kicking them back in the water. way too many confrontations- i'm getting too old for that :).

JohnR
04-21-2011, 06:36 AM
And please refrain from the 3' ultralite rod, get them in and turned around and please get them back in the water pretty quick.

RIROCKHOUND
04-21-2011, 06:37 AM
i used to fish for schoolies but got sick of seeing guys ripping them apart to save a .50 cent piece of rubber and kicking them back in the water. way too many confrontations- i'm getting too old for that :).

Don:
I haven't fished down there in years. too many times my blood was boiling... I wait till after Mothers Day for a reason....

Clammer
04-21-2011, 06:47 AM
IMO . F %^&* ALL OYO ,S ><><><:fishin:

RIROCKHOUND
04-21-2011, 06:54 AM
Mike:
The difference is, you respect the fish enough to handle and release (bass) properly. You aren't ripping them apart and kicking them down the wall.....

JohnR
04-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Mike:
The difference is, you respect the fish enough to handle and release (bass) properly. You aren't ripping them apart and kicking them down the wall.....

Not to mention his knots & gear fail enough the fish really do have a chance.

Clammer
04-21-2011, 07:30 AM
B

Just Bustin

But ya right , Ive seen enough of that .
Even from those that some people consider [good] fisherman .BS .they maybe good @ catching fish But IMO that doesn,t change the fact that they are A/H,s .:smash:

oh well another windy day ;;:wall:

super tides /all week H & L :uhuh:

denis
04-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Just BLUEFISH...

Ya Mike a little windy today,fished the ww for a couple hours,not nice at all.

call you latter.

Clammer
04-21-2011, 05:59 PM
:fury:yep / maybe better off fishing in the rain ..less f #$%^&*()_ wind

piemma
04-22-2011, 03:17 AM
Don:
I haven't fished down there in years. too many times my blood was boiling... I wait till after Mothers Day for a reason....

...and that's why I also stopped. Bryan and I had an incident years ago with a jerk kicking little fish back into the water. Just got tired of fighting the battle with A/H who use a 3OZ popper with 4X, 4/0 trebles to catch a 16" schoolie.

Rob Rockcrawler
04-22-2011, 03:50 AM
I will probably make a trip this weekend. If i catch one i will probably stop and switch over to toggin.

Fishoholic
04-22-2011, 10:45 AM
toggin has been a little slow to start... Few here and there but nothing to talk about. Haven't even attempted to catch a bass yet.. Hell the schoolies I've seen caught this year are smaller than clammers hold overs :smash: screw that :buds: