View Full Version : Took a week off and went south

Mr. Sandman
04-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Took a cruise with the kids one of the stops was Grand Cayman. Got to meet and chat with Guy Harvey. A very soft spoken gentleman. We talked about a number of fishing things...I thanked him for his conservation efforts. He has a gallery in town there and it is really nice, if you are ever down there take a look. Lots of great art for the fisherman. I really like the photos of that 1400+ # black marlin jumping right next to the boat with the mate in the foreground, the perspective was amazing.
Also got a chance to test out the underwater camera (cannon D-10) It was fun snorkeling around down there in 80degree+ water.

Back to boat-work and 40 deg water temps...

Goose
04-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Schweet. Im soooo jealous.

Raven
04-25-2011, 06:20 PM
what did you spend,,,, just on gas ,,,, i wonder .

Van
04-25-2011, 08:19 PM
I think I lived in the carribean in another life.:love:

I will be retiring there.....someday.......:wall:
Warm weather, warm water and fishing fishing fishing. YEAR ROUND.:fishin:

Not this few month crap we put up with here......

I'm sure your kids enjoyed it too.....:jump1:

Mr. Sandman
04-26-2011, 08:48 AM
what did you spend,,,, just on gas ,,,, i wonder .

:confused:

I didn't take my boat ( what a trip that would be though!!), flew to Miami from Boston, got on Norwegian Cruise ship....

I slept with the balcony door open listening to the waves . Woke up in the morning and we were 12 miles off of the Cuban coast. I want to visit/fish there someday. Looks awesome.

You see some mighty poor people down there on the islands and in parts of Mexico but they seem happier than most US folks, it is a different feel. Each time I go I start having thoughts like Van.:uhuh: One funny story is a Mexican offered to sell his sister to me. REALLY!! She was pretty hot too. I just bought a pair of leather sandals, he was disappointed.

(Gained 5# for the week:fury:)

Leaving Maimi, Pilot getting off

MakoMike
04-26-2011, 11:44 AM
I know you just had to get down there to check up on all your numbered bank accounts. :)

Mr. Sandman
04-26-2011, 12:04 PM
lots of banks down there (40 of the top 50 world banks)...and lots of places to buy loose diamonds too. I guess that is one way to bring back $$$ to the US and not pay taxes. It is probably easy to bring back a few loose stones. Unfortunately I don't have problems with lots of overseas money parked in an offshore bank. I wish I did because I would move there and not look back.