View Full Version : alwives located Sommerville & Charlestown

ridler72
04-16-2003, 01:20 AM
Just came back from Sommerville. Fished incoming and high tides. Noticed a nice school of alwives coming into the light around the dam bend. Decent size 6" to 8". The wind made fishing very trying. Atleast spotting the alwife made the night. Its a nice sight to see them dancing on the top as they try to get away from the fury from below. Typical schoolie action for this time of year on 4" shad. Did'nt have herring rig or weighted treble hook to snag bait, but I will be prepared a.s.a.p. What a long winter! Also purchased Ambassadeur 6500c3 combo rod(6'6") and reel@ Galyan's in Danvers across from Liberty Tree mall. The price $44.99. Includes 20% off coupon (coupon available in circular when you walk in and is good on anything in the store!) and a $10 mail in rebate. And if you had a prefered customer card (takes a week to get) you can save another 10%. I thought it was a great deal and thought I would share it with you guys. (much respect for the bait shop owners out here!) I bought two for original price of one. If you wanted smaller size 5500 or 4500 in a combo subtract $10. Enuff said. Wishing everyone a safe and productive year.:happy: :D :happy: