View Full Version : Hittin the salt this weekend, couple questions

Anthony
04-16-2003, 07:07 PM
hey guys finally gettin my saltwater rod back in the water. I'm gunna be able to get some surf fishin in this weekend on easter because i will be up at my grandparents hosue in new hampshire. Is anything at all up in new hampshire yet, usually when i fish there its in the summer monthes, never fished there in april. so any knowledge of what is swimming on the coast of new hampshire now would be much appreciated, i dont even car if its stripers at this point, jus wanna get a nice tug on my line to ease the pain i have been having from lack of fishing until my striped friends come a little bit farther up. so if any one knows if there is anything up there yet, and what lure/bait i should be using to catch them this early in the season i would be much appreciative. By the way the type of shore i will be fishing is pretty nice, its got a large stretch of the beach coverd in a sand bottom, and then if you go down towards the right there are alot of rocks. i will be fishing right on the edge where the sand bottom meets the rock bottom and also directly in the rock bottom.
thanks guys
anthony

JohnR
04-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Anthony - I dont know your area well at all but from what I remember, the Mouth of the Merrimack starts in early May and with this year behind schedule I'm guessing you'll have a tought time. Not trying to discourage you but you may wish to look for a power plant (conventional :btu: ) to access or maybe scoot down to Salem or Evertt and hit the plant's around there. A couple recent posts mentioned the Amelia Aerhardt Dam too...

Christian
04-16-2003, 07:39 PM
the Amelia Aerhardt Dam too
:D a VERY good idea

Anthony
04-16-2003, 08:35 PM
alright, thanks guys i didnt think that anything would be swimming up there yet, i think it would be better to even leave the 10 footer home on the trip :( . Its still very early though, hey i can still dream of my fishy friends for the next couple monthes instead of catching them (not really cause lack of fishing is eating me away).
thanks guys
anthony

BasicPatrick
04-16-2003, 08:39 PM
find a head boat and take a cod trip...it's fishing