View Full Version : Another net full of dead bass

Sweetwater
05-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Article from a couple of days ago about a net full of dead and decayed fish.

Illegal Net Filled With 3 Tons of Fish | NBC Washington (http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/DC-Illegal-Net-Filled-With-3-Tons-of-Fish-121255949.html)

My guess is that that person that laid out that net got busted (or was under suspicion) for other one or more of the other nets that have been found and abandoned it. The article doesn't say when the net was found, but I assume recently.

Disgusting!

Duke41
05-06-2011, 05:39 PM
2400 dead fish at 15 pounds each..great

ProfessorM
05-06-2011, 07:19 PM
makes our commercial season seem tame.

MAKAI
05-06-2011, 09:34 PM
My great grand pappy's been catchin them. My grand pappy's been catchin them. My pappy's been catchin them. And I've been catchin them like that for years and aint no tree huggin politician gonna tell me I can't. Y'all can just kiss my :bshake:

ridler72
05-09-2011, 01:36 PM
A mile long net is not a guy in his dory. Who ever they were they had a big operation going on.

MAKAI
05-09-2011, 01:53 PM
I was metaphorically stigmatising a group attitude.

Chesapeake Bill
05-10-2011, 05:39 AM
One of the trolling boats in the MSSA tournament got pinched by two other boats and had to back off the throttles. When he did 7 of his 15 trolling rigs got hung up in the net. He had to cut the 7 free. He reported it and the rest is history. The place where the net was found was right where you would expect one to drift if it broke free. Given the fact that the fish were rotten and the net was old I'd suspect it was one that broke free and was lost (perhaps during one of our storms). A good reason to have net tagging mandates.

One other piece of info...When they closed the net season their was still lots of the quota left so the loss is a true loss..not a paper chase. If you really want to see something disheartening look at the allocation. Recreational anglers in the Bay (MD &VA) have a much higher allocation. If you saw all the pictures of big stripers taken by trollers during the spring trophy season...

Bronx68
05-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Yes, I also believe this is a big operation that is running a mile long net.