View Full Version : Bruins/Lightning Thread

spinncognito
05-06-2011, 09:40 PM
First time since 1992 they make it to round 3!

Is this Tampa team a real obstacle?

Is THIS the year?

eskimo
05-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Tampa is a real obstacle if Bergy is not ok.

rphud
05-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Even with Bergeron the Bolts are "En Fuego" big time. It will be up to Timmy and the guys in front of him for the Bruins to make it to the cup series.

SurfCaster413
05-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Tampa really isnt worryin me its the west coast teams that are scary.

boot man
05-07-2011, 08:08 PM
All the teams are for real fro here on out.

Would be nice if Seguin learned a little something watching the PHI series from teh press box. Am I wrong in assuming he takes Bergeron's spot for the 1-2 games he will miss with the concussion?

MarshCappa
05-09-2011, 12:39 PM

Would be nice if Seguin learned a little something watching the PHI series from teh press box. Am I wrong in assuming he takes Bergeron's spot for the 1-2 games he will miss with the concussion?

Why the hell not?! Get him in there!

eskimo
05-09-2011, 12:57 PM

Lets hope Bergeron is only out 1-2 games. Waiting for the western conference to catch up is certainly helping. They will limit Seguin's ice time, although I expect him to play with something to prove.

buckman
05-10-2011, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Bergeron back on Sat. If he's not let's hope Seguin steps up and doesn't play like a scared kid. Tampa is not a tough team. Bruins in 6. The only team out west that scares me is the Sharks. They play us tough. This could be the year. I have a very good feeling about this team.

SurfCaster413
05-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Cant wait for tomorrow night gonna be nice to see the B's playing again.

Piscator
05-13-2011, 08:10 AM
They need to attack Tampa's defense. Tampa plays a 1-3-1 offense. B's need to dump it in deep and bang away. As always, it will come down to goaltending. Both Goalies are playing great. I think (hope) Lucic will have a great series.

Sundowner
05-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Both teams are playing well and it is a killer w/ Patrice out, but I really like all the lines the B's have this year. Ultimately it comes down to keeping the puck out of the net and I will take Timmy all day, he'sbeen crazy this year. And I have never seen the D take away so many goals when the goalie is out of position. Hopefully that powerplay steps up too.

nightfighter
05-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Didn't think Rene was gonna make it through the national anthem......

spinncognito
05-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Well, that sucked.

Overall they were outplayed but it was stupid mistakes that killed them, First goal- Seidenberg kicks the puck to the offense for an easy goal. Second goal, a weak softie between Thomas's arm. Third goal- Ffffing Kaberle coughs up the puck from behind the net and Thomas looks bad trying to stop it.

The absence of Bergeron was huge as they lost most face-offs.

Nice goal bt Sequin but Tampa blocked every shot from a point plus many others.

The Bruins first power play was Montreal all over again and even though they had chances on the other three, there was no finish.

The penalty late by Boychuck cost them a shot at a comeback.

Despite all of this, somehow I still feel like the Bruins are gonna win this series.

nightfighter
05-17-2011, 07:12 PM
WTF?????

13 seconds???????

Thumper
05-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Unreal game and we just lost power WTF!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

WESTPORTMAFIA
05-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Glad that's finally over

spinncognito
05-17-2011, 10:04 PM
A roller-coaster of emotions in my living room tonight. They have got to win this series but it is painfully obvious that it will not be easy!

I'll be the first to ask: If Bergeron is back who sits Thursday?

SurfCaster413
05-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Thorton

Mr. Sandman
05-18-2011, 09:32 AM
It was the Seguin/Ryder show. I like the kids speed and drive. Someone else is leaving when Bergy comes back on Thur that is for sure. My bet is someone like Cambell as it will nor disrupt the bergy line not the ryder/seguin chemistry.

BTW, I don't care what refs said last night on goal 5...it was no goal. The reason:

"If the goalkeeper’s helmet/facemask comes off during play, the Referee shall stop play immediately. A minor penalty shall be assessed a goalkeeper who deliberately removes his helmet/facemask during play."

His facemask was off LONG before the puck went in. Heck, the puck went off is FACE and in and the ref saw that. The refs got that one wrong.

spinncognito
05-18-2011, 10:03 AM
It was the Seguin/Ryder show. I like the kids speed and drive. Someone else is leaving when Bergy comes back on Thur that is for sure. My bet is someone like Cambell as it will nor disrupt the bergy line not the ryder/seguin chemistry.

BTW, I don't care what refs said last night on goal 5...it was no goal. The reason:

"If the goalkeeper’s helmet/facemask comes off during play, the Referee shall stop play immediately. A minor penalty shall be assessed a goalkeeper who deliberately removes his helmet/facemask during play."

His facemask was off LONG before the puck went in. Heck, the puck went off is FACE and in and the ref saw that. The refs got that one wrong.

From what I read, the refs have some discretion with the whole mask thing. Apparently if the attacking team is "in a scoring position" then the whistle may not be blown. Seeing as how the puck was to the side of the net, I would say that is not a scoring position as the player had to bring it back out in front before shooting it off Thomas' face!

Goose
05-18-2011, 05:01 PM
I didn't think the B's would pull it off in the 3rd. If Tampa brings that intensity in their building,, they take it. It did not seem like a three goal game.

ProfessorM
05-18-2011, 07:39 PM
the defense better play a hell of a lot better. Last nites game was sure fun to watch.

Mr. Sandman
05-19-2011, 06:19 AM
I agree but I think the game plan was to not be so aggressive and just play D in the third. That did not work. Some of the players interviewed even said..."we will not do that again"...
IMO they can bring it to them and take it into their zone without too much problem. We have had the ability to keep it there for a while too. Also hitting them works well to slow them down. Just keep up the physical play and bang them whenever they have the puck.

Thomas made great saves but has let in a lot of soft goals. If he can tighten up there I think they will do fine.

SurfCaster413
05-19-2011, 10:22 PM
great game tonight. Solid effort all around.

spinncognito
05-20-2011, 06:32 AM
What a contrast to the first two games! That did not even feel like a playoff game. TB fans are a joke. I'll take a "boring" playoff win as long as it is a win. Just six wins away from hoisting The Cup!

Bergeron back was huge and he looks fine. Great patience by Kreji on the game winner. Hard to find any negatives for the B's in that one.

Slick Moedee
05-20-2011, 10:59 AM
I loved hearing the cheering (not jeering or booing) after the B's scored their two goals. Only thing decent about the Bolts fans was the chick in the blue tanktop in the first row.

Let's go B's!

Piscator
05-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Team "D"

Mr. Sandman
05-20-2011, 07:47 PM
I loved hearing the cheering (not jeering or booing) after the B's scored their two goals. Only thing decent about the Bolts fans was the chick in the blue tanktop in the first row.

Let's go B's!

She was stacked!!

At the end of the first when they were gabbing about the hit to krechi the bolts goalie was handeling the puck in the restricted zone and the red was watching him! No one said anything!!!
During the 1st intermission I emailed versus.com and told them they missed this. During the beginning of the 2nd they pointed it out and used language that was in my email but didn't say a fan sent this in... We should of had a 5 on 3

Sundowner
05-22-2011, 09:02 PM
So no posts after the loss,eh? F-in lightnin. The big deal now is that they dont lose confidence. That was a heartbreaker but them sons a bitches better shake it off. Claude said what I saw, they were just skating around like zombies in the 3rd. I can only imagine what a mental toll that took on professional players in that situation but they are coming home!!!

GO B'S

Sundowner
05-22-2011, 09:07 PM
and Kaberle is on my list, that s.o.b. has effed up the entire playoff season, he was brought in for the PP and hows that workin? They keep showing him blowing wind on the bench, that mo fo better grab a pair and git his sheet 2gether, I could make a case about him losing every game thus far

Mr. Sandman
05-23-2011, 08:13 AM
That was tough to watch. What I saw was the team was playing "not to loose" instead of playing to win. They have done this several times when they have a big lead, they stop bringing the offencive rush and the momentum swings and they start thinking about not making mistakes instead of trying to kill the other team.

I think Claude should have called a TO at the second goal and tell them..."this is not going to happen again today, play to win and bring it to them!"

I think they will be fine. The First period they were great and I think Tampa has to worry more about their goal tending right now. Smith has not played that much and rolly has had his confidence broken.

We need to come out screaming hard. I think I would put Thornton back in the line up and pull one of the 4th liners. We will need some real backbone and maybe some knuckles tonight.

spinncognito
05-23-2011, 08:34 AM
and Kaberle is on my list, that s.o.b. has effed up the entire playoff season, he was brought in for the PP and hows that workin? They keep showing him blowing wind on the bench, that mo fo better grab a pair and git his sheet 2gether, I could make a case about him losing every game thus far

Spot on with your assessment of Kaberle- he is indeed a liability and Tampa is well aware of it and targeting him. Another no-show for this series is Marchand who only seems to be good at getting penalized as of late. If you ask me, playing disciplined is the key to victory the rest of the series. Stay outta the box and beat them down 5 on 5. Get the lead and keep after them as stated. Tampa's ability to score when they need to is amazing and for the first time in this playoff run, I am not as confident that the Bruins will pull this off. I have not given up hope but I am less confident....

Is it 8 O'clock yet?

eskimo
05-23-2011, 02:23 PM
I rather Tukka take Kaberle's minutes.

People ranting that he isn't use to the system in Boston after 10 years in Toronto? Sure...? I guess Toronto's system is made up of turnovers, not finishing checks and making the most obvious of passes on the PP.

spinncognito
05-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Save Of The Year

A win is a win and really, does it matter how they get it? Lotsa talk on sportshub this morning about "luck". Whatever- they did what they had to and won the game and are now just 5 away from hoisting The Cup. Thomas came up huge, Bergeron continues to be the difference maker and despite an almost comical power play (all I could do was laugh it was so pathetic) they walk away with the win.

Can they do it again in game six? Will they torture us and test my heart strength with another game 7?

eskimo
05-24-2011, 10:44 AM
That save was the game winner. Horton and Marchard come through after sitting back a bit in this series besides taken bad penalties.

Luck? Because Tampa out shot and and out played the Bruin's its luck? The guys from Versus board the bandwagon of whichever team has the lead but secretly they are in love with elite players like Stamkos. The only player they like to talk about on the Bruin's is Seguin.

I really enjoyed the them toting Mike Smith's horn for 5 minutes only to be interrupted by Horton's goal.

"The Bruin's are going to have a tough time getting any pass Smith because his ability to...HORTON SCORES"

Mr. Sandman
05-24-2011, 10:54 AM
With the exception of the plays that led to the goals and the 30 seconds of play right after...that was some sloppy disorganized play but they found a way to win.

IMO Thomas just secured his Vesina trophy with that save, it was spectacular.

afterhours
05-24-2011, 04:00 PM
seeing these two teams in the conf. finals says something about the quality of play in the nhl...

spinncognito
05-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Game 7 Friday Night-

Flip a coin- could go either way.

Slipknot
05-25-2011, 10:04 PM
:smash::wall: CRAP

a change on power play is in order for sure

JohnR
05-26-2011, 08:35 AM
That was tough.

eskimo
05-26-2011, 10:22 AM
:smash::wall: CRAP

a change on power play is in order for sure

They should just tell the officials they don't want the PP and play 5-5.
some how, some way its far more productive.

SurfCaster413
05-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Woooohooooo lets get it going boys game 7 do or die. I hope i dont get my heartbroke tonight

buckman
05-27-2011, 04:50 PM
We are all set now boys!!!

Raider Ronnie
05-27-2011, 06:50 PM
We are all set now boys!!!

Thats funny Steve !
Bruins need to create traffic in front of who ever will be in net for the lightning.
They need to clear out the guys in front of Thomas MuCH better than they did last game.
GO BRUINS

JohnR
05-27-2011, 09:54 PM
IN!!!!!

spence
05-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Great game.

SurfCaster413
05-27-2011, 10:18 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME CUP BOUND WOOOOOHOOOOO

spinncognito
05-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Awesome! Solid game start to finish. :rotf2:

iamskippy
05-27-2011, 10:24 PM
GOOOO B'S

InTheHole
05-27-2011, 10:33 PM
What a great 7th game, edge of the seat hockey.
Funny now seeing all the local news stations having " special " Bruins coverage. People talking about hockey that have no idea what the hell they are talking about. During the regular season the B's were not even mentioned many times during the sport casts.
Vancouver here we come!!

fishbones
05-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Awesome, edge of your seat game tonight! Did anyone else notice how great Seidenberg was? I know he plays second fiddle to Chara, but they couldn't have won without his physical play and puck movement out of the zone.

afterhours
05-28-2011, 06:47 AM
great 7th game! both teams played near flawless games- the refs let them play. goalies were on thier heads. edge of your seat hockey- best game i've seen in years.

Mr. Sandman
05-28-2011, 06:48 AM
That was an excellent hockey game by both teams. The B's had the edge on number of opportunities and they had a greater "will to win". Great game, congrats B's. I don't know how anyone could not love this game, it is so much more thrilling than any sport. zero penalties....amazing.

How about that Boychuck slap shot to the face of Stamkos...oh man you know he as a headache this morning!

DMenace
05-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Complete domination from Seidenberg and Chara. They set the tone and controlled the whole tempo of the game. The forecheckers were all over the TB D before they got the puck moving. I think thats going to be one of the keys, because Vancouver can move that puck. Tape to tape all night with those guys.