View Full Version : When ?

Raider Ronnie
05-12-2011, 05:13 PM
When did they make it legal for people to fly down the break down lanes approaching a set of lights so you can jump across all the cars waiting for the light to change ?
Every day I deal with dozens of cars doing this every day to & from work, seems the police (local or state) could care less and just sit and watch it happen.

Stewie
05-16-2011, 10:59 AM
You must live in my town. Actually, here they scream down a row of parking spaces.:fury:

.................But not every day.

Swimmer
05-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Its illegal Ronnie, you can only pass on the right in Mass. when the car in front, is turning left or about to turn left, or you are driving down a divided highway, jersey barriers, grass strip and so on being the divider. Yellow lines in the middle of a road does not make a divided highway. Pick up the phone and ask the chief why the patrol officers are looking the other way

FishermanTim
05-19-2011, 04:56 PM
When? Probably about the same time that all the driving rules that you HAD to know in order to get your license were completely ignored on the road.

Things like Signal before a turn, Slow down before a turn, any right of way scenario, tailgating, passing in the breakdown lane and eating/drinking/reading/manicure/makeup/phoning/texting while driving.

Did I forget any really important stuff?
It drives me crazy when I see just how wreckless today's drivers are.
It makes me believe that today's driving "schools" are just teaching their student/paychecks on how to pass the exam, and not how to actually drive. (Maybe they figure they'll get that experience once they get on the highway?)

Raven
05-19-2011, 05:05 PM
they were doing that on the highway off ramp in Georgia where i lived
for 1 1/2 years and when i asked a Georgia state cop about those people
doing 75 that merge at the very last minute he didn't care.

next day, i was doing the same thing.... and it was a crap shoot finding
the opening but worth the effort to not have to sit in bumper to bumper traffic.

sburnsey931
05-19-2011, 08:24 PM
When I see them coming I block the lane and smile.... I drive the highways from job site to job site every day.... I run at least 50k miles a year.. If you tailgate me I break check you..... but I wait until you look away.... I find that if i don't ignore as much idiocy as possible I'd kill people. When did the speed limit become 85mph?

FishermanTim
05-20-2011, 01:15 PM
...If you tailgate me I break check you..... but I wait until you look away.... I find that if i don't ignore as much idiocy as possible I'd kill people. When did the speed limit become 85mph?

When? When you weren't looking. :biglaugh:

Here's another one: Why do people ignore traffic signs?
You know, the Stop, Yield, Merge, SLOW, RR Crossing signs?
They are posted in the INTERNATIONAL SHAPES AND COLORS from across the globe, so that you don't need to know the language in order to know what the sign means.
Based on my experiences, apparently they don't have traffic signs in some of the worlds' "third world countries", so drivers from those countries must be exempt from obeying those particular rules of the road?

Before anyone jumps on my back, I don't care where anyone came from, but when you're here you should obey our road rules for your own safety as well as ours. That's all.

Saltheart
05-21-2011, 12:10 PM
They do this on 95 between RI and Boston. I am not sure if its allowed in RI but it is legal in Boston. What really kills me is that they go so fast in that lane and the do not stay in the center. They ride their left tire down the line so they all but click door handles with you.

justplugit
05-21-2011, 04:05 PM
I can honestly say you can't drive more then 3 miles anywhere
without seeing someone break a traffic law.

I love it when you see a guy speed past in the breakdown lane
while everyone else is stop and go, and then see him stopped behind
the same violators lined up getting their tickets from a tropper
as you pass them. :hihi:

jimmy z
05-22-2011, 10:19 AM
I saw this happen on I 84 once. An unmarked trooper was in the right lane, and jumped in the path of about eight cars. The traffic was slow on the highway, and I watched him jump out and stop them all.:)

Saltheart
05-22-2011, 06:10 PM
I love it when you see a guy speed past in the breakdown lane
while everyone else is stop and go, and then see him stopped behind
the same violators lined up getting their tickets from a tropper
as you pass them. :hihi:

This happens all the time on 495 on the way to the Cape on Fridays after work.