View Full Version : Going to be in Truro in June...

JFigliuolo
05-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Never fish the cape, but I will likely be in Truro 6/19 - 6/26. I'm not looking for the keys to the kingdom, but if anyone wants to offer some friendly advice via PM, I'd be appreciative. If anyone would like to meet up to fish that would be great too.

Rappin Mikey
05-14-2011, 06:04 PM
I'll be out there on the 6/24-7/7. I'll PM you my number. If things aren't all closed up for the birds, it should be good.

piemma
05-15-2011, 02:56 AM
J:
No secrets given away but the parking lots for the beaches always worked in June. So, Head of the Meadow, look for the sandbars at low tide and fish accordingly. Long Nook, Newcome Hollow and Ballston same thing. Herring Cove for some of the guys but I never did anything there except schoolies and Blues.

I drove the back for 30 years but with the seals, bird closures and mung, I hardly think it's worth the money to get a permit. Get the night time parking lot permit (free at the CCNS HQ) and fish the beaches with parking.

Sea Dangles
05-16-2011, 06:39 AM
pamet can be good

Rockfish9
05-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Joe.. if you want to take a 1 1/2 hour ride north... that's big bass time in the Merrimack, I'd be happy to be your guide/Captain for a night..

Sweetwater
05-16-2011, 08:56 AM
J:
No secrets given away but the parking lots for the beaches always worked in June. So, Head of the Meadow, look for the sandbars at low tide and fish accordingly. Long Nook, Newcome Hollow and Ballston same thing. Herring Cove for some of the guys but I never did anything there except schoolies and Blues.

I drove the back for 30 years but with the seals, bird closures and mung, I hardly think it's worth the money to get a permit. Get the night time parking lot permit (free at the CCNS HQ) and fish the beaches with parking.

ORV sections of the beach is virtually closed. Wouldn't expect this to change much by mid-June. Definitely no point in getting a sticker at this time.

JFigliuolo
05-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Luckily (or UN luckily...) I don't /can't drive the beaches (no 4WD). I hope to bring the Yak though.

capecodder
05-18-2011, 10:49 AM
If you bring the Yak, the bayside can be good that time of year. Explore the "drop" line where the depth goes from 15'-40'. Its about 1/2 mile from the beach. Can be good. You can see the change in water color.

Also with the yak, PTown harbor or the back side, launch from the parking lots and explore.

I find soft plastics on jigs to be the best, this time of year...

eelskinner
05-18-2011, 03:30 PM
If it holds true beaches will be closed till mid Aug.Get PK.lot permit walk the south side.Fish inside with yak.