View Full Version : BW/Outdoor Life medium bag tube fix

Stewie
05-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Anyone who has one of these bags and has leaned on it, fell on it, or dropped it has cracked tubes that allow the plugs to slide too deep. I tried taping the tops of the tubes, but the hooks stuck to the tape.

If you go to Homey's or the other homeowner stores, you can buy central vacuum tubing in two sizes. The 2 inch stuff fits in the tube caps beautifully.

I carefully twisted the cracked tubes out of the caps, leaving the caps glued together. Then I cut 5, 9 inch and 4, 8 1/4 inch tubes and slid them into the caps(shorter tubes in front for plugs with a long nose). I taped the tubes together with clear packing tape(which may or may not last in our wet environment)

The bag is now 3/4 of a pound heavier, but it is a lot tougher, and I can get my plugs in and out.

Pete F.
05-20-2011, 09:19 AM
I think just owning it will crack them, shampoo bottles work also and are pretty indestructible.

JFigliuolo
05-20-2011, 09:59 AM
I don't use a BW bag, I roll my own. BUT. I use the white plastic tubes that 4C ice tea mix (with splenda...watching my shapely figure) comes in. 8" tall 2" wide.

Glue them together w/goop. that tape won't hold for crap.

Stewie
05-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Glue them together w/goop. that tape won't hold for crap.

You're probably right, but they'll still be in the bag. The originals were taped with something that looked like packing tape. On second thought, I'm gonna take the tubes out and do 'em up with black plastic electrician's tape. That'll fix anything, by gum!

pbadad
05-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Clear silicone will hold the tubes togther. I use the Crystal Light containers in my belt bag. Cut them to size, drill drain hole in bottom.