View Full Version : Louis Zoblicki from Maine passed

Swimmer
05-21-2011, 12:29 PM
I know I didn't spell his name correctly, and I am sorry for that. I have fished with and alongside Louie for twenty years on the Vineyard, and stayed with him for the last ten or so. Very gifted and well known eye doctor from Maine. He was an extraordinary resource of all things fishing. He went to meetings all over the eastern seaboard, on state level and federal level, because of his passion and concern for our favorite fish.
I have been told he was being treated for blood clots and had some inkling he was coming home Saturday, maybe friday from the hospital. His obit will be in the Portland, Me. papers and probably the globe. Stripermaniac and a few others here known him well.

Jackbass
05-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you two had some great times. Catch one in his honor this season.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raven
05-21-2011, 06:04 PM
when reach your older years it is said
that you can count your true friends
on each of your hands as fingers...

He sounded like a very good friend
i'm very Sorry for your Loss....

jimmy z
05-22-2011, 12:15 PM
I am sorry to hear of your friends passing on. God be with you, my friend!

ScottM
05-23-2011, 12:49 PM
That's a tough name for sure Swimmer and you were close..it's Zglobicki. Thanks for posting this as he certainly deserves the notice. My father has fished with Louie for ~40 years and came to know him through a business relationship. I've been staying in the "Maine house" on MV with Louie for the past 17 Derbies and will certainly miss his presence. It just won't be the same going forward.

BasicPatrick
05-23-2011, 02:39 PM
I fished against Lou for many years during the Tri State Tournament. A good man. Rest in Peace!!!!!

JohnR
05-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Rest your oar, sir.

Frank, you've mentioned him in the past, sounds like he was a great, and well respected guy.

Fisherwoman
05-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Louie was a very great guy!!! Bill and I have known him for a long time, that is very very sad news indeed Frank.
When we used to go over the Vineyard every year, Louie would come over to the house on the last big Prime rib dinner as he and i had the same birthday.

Wow I think I need to go back to drinking as I need some good news really BAD

stripermaineiac
05-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Louie was a good guy. Known him since I was a kid back in the 60's.Funny the places I'd run into him fishing up here at night sometimes.Sad day. Tight lines Louie