View Full Version : Free- Wood for Bonfire

cheferson
05-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Got a pickup or 2 of 4ft 4-7" diameter mostly oak and maple logs. They have been around for about 3 years .They Were used for mushrooms but became infected.

ANyone looking for some wood for a bonfire around the gansett area? WIll deliver too. needs to go

zimmy
05-27-2011, 11:43 AM
I will be drilling maple this weekend for my first attempt at growing mushrooms from plugs. I need oak for oysters, but probably infected isn't the way to go.

cheferson
05-28-2011, 06:31 AM
I will be drilling maple this weekend for my first attempt at growing mushrooms from plugs. I need oak for oysters, but probably infected isn't the way to go.

No you want freshly cut logs. Also softer woods are better for oysters. Stick to oak for shiitakes . Oysters are best in maple , willow or other softer woods. Honestly oysters are a waste of time in logs , learn how to grow them on straw or cellulose waste , you 'll be much happier with the results .

ANyone want this wood ???

GOTTA GO!!!

5/0
06-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Still available?

blondterror
06-08-2011, 06:45 AM
what is the process for growing quality mushrooms with fresh oak... sounds like a fun project and I have plenty of oak...

cheferson
06-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Sorry , all gone!

Check out Paul Stammets website , Fungi Perfecti or field and forest .

Drill hole , plug with spawn , cap with cheesewax . Keep moisture levels up , wait

The Dad Fisherman
06-08-2011, 08:03 AM
what is the process for growing quality mushrooms with fresh oak...

Place the Logs in the Bottom of my Son's hamper....that should do it.

it will also help prove my point w/ him. :hihi:

5/0
06-09-2011, 05:49 PM
No worries Chef,thanks for the reply.