View Full Version : crushed um !!!

stiff tip
05-31-2011, 07:34 AM
last 2 wks have been very good 4 me....boat n shore..i,ve had company on n off for 2wks,:buds: all wanting to catch fish.so with a little extra incentive we chased fish and did great. 3 days boat fishing 1 hear 1 there . plug fishing was good from the west end out,w/ fish to about 42in and some sm blues ... we jiged up a few black bass on sm cripple herrin. :fishin:next 2-3 trips were in the fog fishing for and with mac,s. o what a feeling. some days we were completely alone for hrs w/ breaking bass slurping tiny sandeels,we fed them pond shinner slug-os and they went crazy..fish were 10 to 25lbs ..best part was it lasted all morning till more boats showed up and chased then dwn.:smash:sat we beat um up again ,this time slow trolling tinker macs inside away from everyone .then we drifted livies in the shallower water 10to15ft.the mac,s would dart on the top w/ the bass chasing them like a cat n mouse . also the canal has been a good friend too:confused: , mostly by :jump1:luck n good timing..... hope it last capt cupcake :devil2:

numbskull
05-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Thank you for leaving out the pictures. My eyes (and stomach) can't handle too much gazing on you.

Glad you've hit your stride, Dave, and knowing there are fish around easy enough for you to catch ought to encourage others.

ProfessorM
05-31-2011, 05:21 PM
lol
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

blondterror
05-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Sounds like you are in the zone soo far... I also have done well to date and hope this week keeps it rollin but I realize sooner or later a skunking is due... I think the Professer is keeping his mouth closed but he may be doin as well as you too...

ProfessorM
05-31-2011, 06:46 PM
:). Lost my last white howdy this morning. Spray bombing some other colored ones I have tonite.

numbskull
05-31-2011, 07:36 PM
Your knots suck.....and now your paint jobs do, too.
Stick to plastic and give your wood plugs to me before anymore are wasted, thank you.

ProfessorM
05-31-2011, 07:45 PM
LOL. it came off the clip. should have checked it after I landed a fish but I was in a rush to get it back out there. haste makes waste.

JohnnySaxatilis
05-31-2011, 08:41 PM
LOL. it came off the clip.

that happened to me too the other day:confused: the clip was fine which kinda pissed me off, bye bye 30$. was it a breakaway by chance prof?

WoodyCT
06-01-2011, 04:55 AM
Lucky ducks.

Fish don't come around here no more.

Bait neither.

I'm jealous of you guys.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

MarshCappa
06-01-2011, 08:51 AM
That's what i like to hear! Nice job gettin it done!

ProfessorM
06-01-2011, 03:05 PM
was it a breakaway by chance prof?

yup

piemma
06-01-2011, 03:13 PM
I told Tony O the other day that I think those breakaway clips suck. He was bustin' my balls about the "old Fashioned" clips I use. I never had one fail when I use them, which is rarely. I tie direct 99% of the time.

ProfessorM
06-01-2011, 07:07 PM
mine was pilot error I'm pretty sure. I should have checked. always have had good luck with them, besides numbskull says my knots suck so I'd probably fair worse if I tied direct.