View Full Version : HOLIDAY?

shore manic
04-21-2003, 08:10 AM
any body have today off besides me? it's patriots day here in the boston area.aaaaahhhhh yes the red sox game in the a.m. get out of the game and go down to commonwealth ave and watch the marathon.maybe find some blooberry beer at commonwealth brewery.if only it was a paid holiday!

shore manic
04-21-2003, 08:26 AM
i should pay attention to where i'm at this was supposed to go in striper talk!!! JOHN HELP!

fishweewee
04-21-2003, 11:33 AM
Ahhh, Patriot's Day. :)

When I was living in the Beantown area (many moons and 50 lbs. ago)...

...on this particular day...I'd be gettin' on the bus to Hopkinton, jog through Natick, sprint through Wellesley (and sometimes make a u-turn at Wellesley College...love those crowds), straggle through Newton, cuss my way up the series of *nasty* hills near B.C. (*gasp* *wheeze*), glide down Beacon Street through Brookline, and (*pant*) drag myself (*pant*) to the finish line and pass out in front of the CVS there.

Ahhhh...the memories...I miss it.

-WW

redlite
04-21-2003, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. We usually do all the same stuff too, but not running, just standing in front of the CVS the whole time drinking, um..............Work is such a pain in the neck. I was really going to run the marathon this year, but I couldn't get the day off from work.......So I am telling everyone. I would probably have a heart attack if I tried to run across the street. I am getting light headed just thinking about running....

fishsmith
04-21-2003, 01:19 PM
It's a good day to see the drunks on the green green line. I miss the days when I was the drunk on the green line.