View Full Version : Ross Mt Katahdin Bike

Saltheart
06-05-2011, 04:42 PM
This was my deceased sister's bike. I looked it up and apparently Ross was a high end mountain bike (which doesn't surprise me). This has the bar halfway between a "girls Bike" and "boy's bike" Not straight across , not all the way down. Its not new but my guess is this bike was riden less than 10 times. It has some scratches but mostly its really nice. Its yellow and says Mt Katahdin on it. Looked it up on the net and saw a MSRP of $399. It has 26 X 1.9 nubby tires. Shimano 70 GS shifters.

I know nothing about bikes. What I can tell you is that my sister was a Sr. Executive Marketing Strategist for one of the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies. She worked long hours and was very successful. If she decided to buy a bike , she wouldn't waste a minute shopping for a deal. She would go to the store and buy "The best bike they had" , that's the way she was.

Anyway asking $120.

Saltheart
06-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Apparently that style of bar makes it a woman's mountain bike. I like riding it but I already have a bike.

WoodyCT
06-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Low bar makes it wader friendly. ;-)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Saltheart
06-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Yes , my days of caring if I was seen riding a "woman's" bike are over. If the ladies version is more practical , my masculinity can take the hit! :)

Saltheart
06-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Some pics as requested

Saltheart
06-10-2011, 01:07 PM
more pics

Saltheart
06-10-2011, 01:07 PM
last pic

ProfessorM
06-10-2011, 07:13 PM
my 10 year old daughter needs a new bike, regular size bike not a kiddy size anymore, but I kind of think this would be too big for her. Do you happen to know the frame size? that would be more helpful I think than tire size. I am 5' 7" and I have a 15 inch frame, for example. But I have seen you in person and if you are riding the bike I'll bet it is too big. No disrespect intended.

Saltheart
06-11-2011, 12:52 PM
I can ride the bike but its way too short for me (by big I asume you are refering to my hight :) ) . My own bike has the handle bars and seat at the very ends of their high adjustments (and a big A$$ pillowy seat, I hate the skinny ones up my butt crack:) ). I don't know where I would look for a frame size but to me it looks like what we as kids called a standard 26 bike. This bike also has a comfy seat , not a skinny racer bike seat. You may be able to get a size reference by looking at the relative size of the bike and grill behind it.

Oh , I also just thought of a detail. My sister was 5 foot 8 inches tall so that plus the seat height in the picture might tell you something about the frame size.

Saltheart
06-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Ok , I viewed a youtube showing how to measuer a frame and by that method its a 19 inch frame.

Swimmer
06-16-2011, 03:13 PM
$120.00 is short money for this ride.

ProfessorM
06-16-2011, 06:32 PM
I am going to have to pass, too big for my needs, but thanks for your time good luck on the sale. I can't see this not going for that price. I would by it for myself but I just bought a new bike, $260, back in March. P.

Saltheart
07-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Gone.