View Full Version : GUPPY LURES

chubsdad
04-21-2003, 10:41 PM
bought 2 guppy lures today. for those of you who dont know they bought hawg hunters. good people they fish the canal all the time.

mikecc
04-22-2003, 06:32 AM
1 year ago today :( :(

ragfly
04-22-2003, 06:50 AM
I heard there are great for catching tropical fish.

JohnR
04-22-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by mikecc
1 year ago today :( :(

One year ago today?

jeffsod
04-22-2003, 08:36 AM
John I belive Mike is referring to the aniversary of Brad's (the Hawg Hunter lures creator) untimely death. I missed seeing him at the Mass Bass show this year.

Are the guppy lures anything like Brad's? Specifically the old 3 and a quarter or half ounce topwater pencil poppers made especially for the canal? If so does Mike have any?

Mike P
04-22-2003, 03:02 PM
Yes, it was one year ago today that Brad passed away. :(

Mike---did these folks give Marlene anything--I sure hope so, if they're going around telling folks they bought Hawg Hunter. If I find out they're just capitalizing on Brad's reputation for free, I'm not gonna be happy about it.

Let me know by PM if you don't want to say anything here.

Krispy
04-22-2003, 03:05 PM
I had a booth behind Brad a last years MSBA. We were able to speak at length about plug building, and Im glad I got the opportunity

chubsdad
04-22-2003, 05:25 PM
mike p . they bought it off her. and there not going around saying there hawg hunter lures. i just happen to know that they are. thats why i said it.they bought it because they loved his lures and brad was a real good freind of peters. i was just letting people know that those style lures are around i did not start this thred to piss anyone off. or upset any one. just to let other fishermen know about a lure.and if these guys bought it well good for them i see nothin wrong with that.

mikecc
04-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Mike
Havent talked with Marlene in about 7Mo. Don't know anything about who bought what machinery or parts, Donald & Robbie handled that part.

I do have some Large and I Mean Large Autographed plugs by Brad and a few Hawg Hunter Hats. John & I were thinking of ways to raise money for Marlene & Kenny. possible auction or Canal Fishing Tourniment

mikecc
04-22-2003, 07:04 PM
sorry the picture did not come out that good forgot the camera at the shop and had to scan the plugs.

JohnR
04-22-2003, 07:57 PM
Jeff - I knew that - just didn't seem like a year that's all...

Mike - you still up for doing that? This would be a good year to start as long as you and MikeP think it might be a good idea... I'll find my notes and run them by you guys tomorrow... Could be Xmas presents or college fund or anything else....

Thanks,

John

mikecc
04-22-2003, 08:14 PM
:kewl:

I will donate a custom for a tourniment.

Mike P
04-22-2003, 08:37 PM
chubsdad--we're cool. It would only upset me if someone was trying to capitalize on the name in the wrong way. God knows Marlene needs all the financial help she can get.

John-anything you or Mike can do to raise some doe is good--she could use any help you can give her. Brad was uninsurable and left little more than his tackle, his truck, and his stock and tools.

Donald and Robbie have been a godsend for her in a lot of ways.