View Full Version : Who's weighed in those six fish?

nightfighter
06-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Saw the Striper Cup leaderboard. Shows six fish weighed in for Team S-B, but doesn't list whose they are......

And, no...I haven't gotten around to signing up yet.

WoodyCT
06-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Striper Cup rots!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rob Rockcrawler
06-08-2011, 07:55 PM
I didnt join this year but wish our team the best. We have some of the best surf guys on the coast on this site and fishing for our team. Go get em boys.

nightfighter
06-09-2011, 06:03 AM
This is NOT a hate thread...... If you have nothing constructive to say, please delete your comments. Thank you.

JohnR
06-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Striper Cup rots!

Nice way to bring up the topic with an objective response.

Sea Dangles
06-09-2011, 06:44 AM
I'm sure all of those fish stand a chance to remain in the top 10 since Team S-B kills responsibly.

JohnR
06-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Nice Chris, quicker than I expected though :buds:

Sea Dangles
06-09-2011, 07:53 AM
I figured the Captain of Team Stock Assessment would add a punchline. Ha-ha,you are funny Bossman.

mikecc
06-09-2011, 08:08 AM
They have been weighed in at my shop. :grins:

onecastmike2003
06-09-2011, 08:15 AM
I'm in :uhuh: I can pick up some slack.

timmah
06-09-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm in :uhuh: I can pick up some slack.

you can't weigh in two twenty pounders to make 40, it has to be one 40+, a whole fish. :biglaugh:

FishermanTim
06-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Striper Cup rots!

Wasn't it a Groucho Marx line: "I don't want to join a club that would have me as a member!"

e'nuff said

Swimmer
06-09-2011, 10:35 AM
I weighed in one but I don't think it made the early listing Ross is reading. I have eaten half of the fish and IT TASTED GREAT.

Fishoholic
06-09-2011, 10:42 AM
I thought I caught one worth weighing.... then timmah caught one and my fish could fit in it's mouth :smash:

BigFish
06-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Always makes me laugh these people with their "high handed" opinions! They usually are folks who do not care to eat fish themselves.......so what is the problem if A.) The individual is abiding by the laws set forth......B.) Are putting the fish to proper use ie eating it.......and if these criteria are being met what is wrong if they are C.) weighing it for a tourney they choose to participate in???? Is it ok if they are only eating the fish or is the problem when they choose to weigh it for a tourney someone does not agree with??? Typical BS! Hey....it ain't your fish....it ain't cha bid'ness!!!! If I was being roundly criticized for using a fish as I see fit that was caught legally......I would be telling said people to stick it up their ass!! But hey....thats just me!!!:stir:

onecastmike2003
06-09-2011, 10:52 AM
you can't weigh in two twenty pounders to make 40, it has to be one 40+, a whole fish. :biglaugh:
that's what the weight slip is for.... I can pick up some of the slack.

Fishoholic
06-09-2011, 10:56 AM
that's what the weight slip is for.... I can pick up some of the slack.

what "slack" are you referring too?

The Dad Fisherman
06-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Always makes me laugh these people with their "high handed" opinions! They usually are folks who do not care to eat fish themselves.......so what is the problem if A.) The individual is abiding by the laws set forth......B.) Are putting the fish to proper use ie eating it.......and if these criteria are being met what is wrong if they are C.) weighing it for a tourney they choose to participate in???? Is it ok if they are only eating the fish or is the problem when they choose to weigh it for a tourney someone does not agree with??? Typical BS! Hey....it ain't your fish....it ain't cha bid'ness!!!! If I was being roundly criticized for using a fish as I see fit that was caught legally......I would be telling said people to stick it up their ass!! But hey....thats just me!!!:stir:

No...It ain't just you....I agree w/ you 100%

Rappin Mikey
06-09-2011, 11:49 AM
It has people up by name now at the website.

Chubby-Chaser
06-09-2011, 12:50 PM
They have been weighed in at my shop. :grins:

I didnt know we could weigh in a striper cup fish at the shop, I would have weighed my 30 with you instead of RT.

Mike P
06-09-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm sure all of those fish stand a chance to remain in the top 10 since Team S-B kills responsibly.

And in any event, come July 12, everyone will be fishing for second place anyway.

JohnR
06-09-2011, 01:27 PM
And in any event, come July 12, everyone will be fishing for second place anyway.

Let me guess, that is when Mass Comm opens?

Thumper
06-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Let me guess, that is when Mass Comm opens?

Sure does

Swimmer
06-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I dun it, it was me

and it is going to be me numerous more times.

onecastmike2003
06-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Lol

Sea Dangles
06-09-2011, 06:34 PM

With the criteria mentioned above I can't imagine why you need a B and C. The law states you can keep 2 fish over 28", if you use them for fertilizer or simply like to kill animals, you are within your rights to do so.End of story.

I do find it amusing however,that the Bossman sets forth guidelines regarding weights for Team members to observe. Claiming these parameters enable the Team to fish in a more consevation minded manner, which is a good thing if observed by the minions.However,despite the claims,this doesn't appear to be the case. Great Teamwork. If 20 pound fish are considered Cupworthy then even Larry could be a threat.Scary stuff.

ProfessorM
06-09-2011, 06:39 PM
LOL. Chris you very funny guy. You should change screen name to dragon poker

BigFish
06-09-2011, 06:45 PM
I thought there was a "30 or don't get your hands dirty" rule in place but you know Chris.......people do not have to live their lives according to your will. They have minds of their own and have certain rights and what you need to do is respect those rights and decisions instead of making personal attacks on people because they do not agree with "your way". There are many who fish and enter the "Cup" and I may not agree with the way they do things but I have enough respect for them to understand that it is their right and their decision to do as they will as long as it is within the rules of the "Striper Cup" and the laws set forth by the state. Criticizing me and the results I get from my fishing experience really does not bother me either Chris......I get great results fish wise and I enjoy getting out and fishing and much of the time its more about just being with friends and enjoying a good experience or making great memories. You ought to try to enjoy some of the good fellowship that goes on here at S-B instead of lambasting people for doing what they have a right to do and enjoying what they choose to enjoy! Love to fish with you anytime Chris.....bet it would be fun! For the record.....I respect the way you think and I agree with you most of the time.....but unless folks are violating rules or breaking laws I do not have a right to be critical of them.:fishin:

For the record I am not participating in tournaments as that is not what it is about.....for me.

ProfessorM
06-09-2011, 06:50 PM
I enjoy getting out and fishing and much of the time its more about just being with friends and enjoying a good experience or making great memories. You ought to try to enjoy some of the good fellowship that goes on here at S-B instead of lambasting people for doing what they have a right to do and enjoying what they choose to enjoy!

yeah, that's why he likes me so much:uhuh:

Sea Dangles
06-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Larry,where did I lambaste anyone in this thread?For that matter,where was there a personal attack?I just checked and can't even see where I criticized you or you way of fishing either.I'll admit to making a joke at your expense,but if I crossed the line I apologize.

Boy,there are some thin skinned people out there.

This is a forum for discussion isn't it? I really don't care if a guy wants to keep a fish or weigh one in for the Cup for that matter. I was simply pointing out the irony of it, due to the size or lack thereof for the competition.I could really give a crap if you don't appreciate the comments but please don't misconstrue them by referring to them as personal attacks, lambasting in manner.This has nothing to do with "my way"but rather those set forth by the team Larry.So again I'll ask that you not read between the lines.It's not like I don't associate or participate with S-B members Larry, I went on the cod trip and even showed at TCTFN for a bit last winter.I've met some nice people and some helpful people too.I'd even fish next to you Larry, but you would probably just call me an asshat because I can't cast far.

BigFish
06-09-2011, 07:37 PM
:rotf2: Sorry Chris maybe I was a bit hasty. Its just this topic comes up frequently and its always the same. Lets tackle this from a different angle then and in the interest of conservation maybe JohnR and the powers that be can try to drive home the "30 or don't get your hands dirty" rule?? I know it has been mentioned several times and many do adhere to it? It goes without saying but I will say it again if it is not over 30 pounds it is not going to last on the leader board but at the same time it is an individuals right to weigh it in if they choose? This is an S-B team and maybe they should agree with the rule if they are going to participate???? If they are not going to adhere to the team rule they should enter as an individual???? Just my .02 cents???

JohnR
06-09-2011, 07:37 PM
For starters, they are guidelines. Not a hard fast rule. We know that the likelihood of a 20# fish meaning something in Sept is zero so from a team standpoint, not much sense on something under 35#s with high 30s maybe having a chance.

Some might have weighed for a chance at a weekly or monthly, but you already know that Chris. It just doesn't help you pick your nits.

Nobody weigh in a fish under 40#s so Chris can unknot his panties.

BigFish
06-09-2011, 07:38 PM
And there you go....thanks JohnR!

PS-Chris.....I would never mock your casting prowess. Might chuckle under my breath but never mock! :rotf2:

WESTPORTMAFIA
06-09-2011, 08:02 PM
I thought weigh a 40 # fish for the club. Anything else would be and can be weighed personally for weeklys, monthlys or AOY. As in past years less than 40# wouldn't count for the club anyway. It should be 40# for the club so John doesn't take the heat or BS from the peanut gallery. Since the smaller fish never count towards the group total. If less than just weigh them under your name and not for the team. Problem solved.

dannyplug1
06-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Why not try and kill all the bass you can? I am sick to death with the head in the sand attitude. Bass are in bad shape the Chesapeake is not producing the schoolies that will be the big fish of the future. By killing large fish now there will be no way to reverse the trend in the Chesapeake assuming the reproductive problems can be addressed. Any tournament that encourages killing large striped bass is short sided. We have gone through this before in the eighties, it's a good thing bob Pond has passed away. It looks like all his efforts and those of othes will be for nothing. The striper cup is not a good thing plain and simple.

WESTPORTMAFIA
06-09-2011, 08:58 PM
What have you done to help protect the fishery this year or last? Have you compared regs from the 80's crash commercially to the regs in place now? Please let me know what you are doing now to help the fishery. If you are doing nothing then stop whining and posting. If you are doing something, make another thread and others will chime in.

Why not try and kill all the bass you can? I am sick to death with the head in the sand attitude. Bass are in bad shape the Chesapeake is not producing the schoolies that will be the big fish of the future. By killing large fish now there will be no way to reverse the trend in the Chesapeake assuming the reproductive problems can be addressed. Any tournament that encourages killing large striped bass is short sided. We have gone through this before in the eighties, it's a good thing bob Pond has passed away. It looks like all his efforts and those of othes will be for nothing. The striper cup is not a good thing plain and simple.

tysdad115
06-09-2011, 09:39 PM
The 20# fish on there for the team is my sons. OTW inadvertently put him with the team, he is only in youth shore division. I emailed them today they are going to remove him from the team standings. He has several 20# this year and many other fish all released. He will be psyched if he wins a prize, so will I. I take pride in teaching him how to fish and conservation of the fishery. We ate that fish, he says it was the best he ever ate because he caught it. He may not weigh another if he wins a weekly, good for him but if he gets a real nice one we will weigh that one too. I have absolutely no issue with that.

BigFish
06-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Hope Ty gets the weekly Andy! He is a fine fisherman!!!:uhuh:

WESTPORTMAFIA
06-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Lol!! Don't worry about tys fish. You already explained. I don't care about Anyones fish either way. But it seems people have to hate and it turns a simple thread into Massive fish kills,cup haters and everything else.

UOTE=tysdad115;864571]The 20# fish on there for the team is my sons. OTW inadvertently put him with the team, he is only in youth shore division. I emailed them today they are going to remove him from the team standings. He has several 20# this year and many other fish all released. He will be psyched if he wins a prize, so will I. I take pride in teaching him how to fish and conservation of the fishery. We ate that fish, he says it was the best he ever ate because he caught it. He may not weigh another if he wins a weekly, good for him but if he gets a real nice one we will weigh that one too. I have absolutely no issue with that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE]

tysdad115
06-09-2011, 10:01 PM
I know thanks. I put it here for those that may not have access to the team sb forum because they didn't join. Just wanted to clear it with everyone.
Thanks Larry, its got to be the plugs...

piemma
06-10-2011, 09:16 AM
I killed a fish Sunday. First one in 2 years. It weighed 30#. I didn't enter it in any tournament. I am so sorry, we ate it at a giant cookout.:rotf2:

Back Beach
06-10-2011, 09:32 AM
I killed a fish Sunday. First one in 2 years. It weighed 30#. I didn't enter it in any tournament. I am so sorry, we ate it at a giant cookout.:rotf2:

I didn't know you were a carp fisherman.

sokinwet
06-10-2011, 09:40 AM
"people do not have to live their lives according to your will. They have minds of their own and have certain rights and what you need to do is respect those rights and decisions instead of making personal attacks on people because they do not agree with "your way".

Words to live by.....especially after July 12. ;-)

Slipknot
06-11-2011, 08:17 AM
:rotf2::jump1:

thanks for the chuckles everyone
good one sokinwet

and Andy, I am glad Ty is having a good time fishing, I wish him continued success:uhuh: