View Full Version : High Tech Bug Trap

PRBuzz
06-09-2011, 05:28 AM
For those with bug problems, shown is control of stink bugs.

http://www.wpxi.com/video/27942903/index.html?

UserRemoved
06-09-2011, 06:20 AM
MOST excellent tnx for posting that. So simple!

FishermanTim
06-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Funny thing is that the bottle portion has quite a few uses in addition to the bug trap. it can be modified slightly (minus the LED lite) and can be used as a flying insect (hornet.wasp) trap.
Some damp bread inside and placed in a dark part of the garden and you've got an earwig trap.

Poke some drainage holes and insert some bait and a little weight and you have a minnow trap. Or a crawfish trap. Or a leech trap.

Isn't it amazing that a soda bottle could have so many uses AFTER drinking the soda?

PRBuzz
06-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Sounds like with a bottle, duct tape and some ingenuity you can make anything!

FishermanTim
06-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Time for McGuyver!!!

Swimmer
06-09-2011, 02:24 PM
That was cool. I think the guy has way too many stink bugs in his house though.

FishermanTim
06-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Maybe he forgets to close his windows at night?

Actually, it's a seasonal thing.
There was a news story awhile back of some woman that was making money washing the bugs off of cars that drove through her town. Believe me, the cars were in need of a washing after being pelted by stink bugs by the tens of thousands, maybe more.
It happens to be the height of stink bug mating season, which accounts for the very high number of bugs.

DMenace
06-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Im with Swimmer. Great idea, seems like a smart guy and a nice house. But having that many bugs in my house would gross me the f out. I've slept out in the field, done it with and without sleeping bags and tents, but that many bugs kind of defeats the purpose of having a house IMO.