View Full Version : Fellow Hobie Owners......

BigFish
06-09-2011, 07:28 PM
It seems as if there are many interested in perhaps purchasing a Hobie kayak but I sense one of the biggest problems for them in their decision making is the opportunity to test drive them?? I was wondering if there are a few of you Hobie owners who might be interested in hosting a "Scramble" where we might be able to educate some of those interested in the Hobie kayaks by allowing them to take ours for a ride and maybe help them in their decision making?? Looking for a few guys to help and some input?? Also would some of you potential Hobie buyers find this helpful???

blondterror
06-09-2011, 08:19 PM
I would be up for this ... I am at Cutty next weekend but could do it at a later date in June or July.... I have the Revolution model...

chefchris401
06-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Yes please, these kayaks aren't cheap and would love the opportunity to test em out.

If there's not a ton of interest I'd meet up one on one.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe
06-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Don't places where you buy them let you test them?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

blondterror
06-09-2011, 08:50 PM
there is a dealer in newport , NH (Alden of sunapee) they do demos on a local lake and no sales tax... you can get them to throw in a great lifejacklet... most dealers do not discount in my experience

BigFish
06-09-2011, 09:37 PM
No Eben most do not....how would they if they are not on the water?? Thats why there is so much talk about "Hey you can try mine out" everywhere.

BigFish
06-09-2011, 09:38 PM
We can plan one for mid July maybe?

BigBo
06-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Anybody is more than welcome to try mine (Pro Angler). If it becomes a scramble event, sure why not.

kenyee
06-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Why not just do a fishing tour/rental w/ Rick Buss at Belle Isle Kayak in Winthrop MA (didn't include link because I'm not sure what this site's policy is but you can find it in Google)?

You'll get to see what fishing is l like from a Hobie Outback (he has other classic fishing yaks like the Ocean Prowler too) instead of just peddling it around a lake?
It's lots of fun. What's not fun is lugging the thing up and down the ramp to get onto the beach....damned things are heavy :-P

For city dwellers, it's easier than owning one too...no place to put the things in tiny apartments :-(

blondterror
06-20-2011, 01:25 PM
What's not fun is lugging the thing up and down the ramp to get onto the beach....damned things are heavy :-P

They are heavy but with the soft grey wheelie they are easy to move... another $180 though...

The Dad Fisherman
06-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Or lugging them through the rocks, across the street, through the Skinny Dippers and down the rocks to the harbor :hihi:

blondterror
06-20-2011, 03:51 PM
maybe the Hobie is a chick magnet... that's why those two hotties came over to talk to me