View Full Version : June 9-10-11 Report

StriperZ
06-13-2011, 07:44 AM
After repairing (June 6-7th) the starter motor, replacing both belts, and chickening out on the 8th due to thunderstorms, I finally got back on the water. I have only seen one blue this year, and these three days were all cookie cutter, in terms of fish and weather. All bass all day long.

June 9th: Atlantic ocean – 6-9am

Having been out to the golf ball on the 5th, I thought I would head out there again. I did not need to go that far, I had the fish all to myself. I never left the north side lobster pot area. A huge school of bass were eating sand eels and pushing them to the surface. it was like the water was boiling. I was throwing a Sebile slow sinker three segment swimmer. I rig it with a single hook on the front since the Sebile has no steel through it and I always think the front loop will pullout of the plastic. With my rigging method, I never have to worry about putting stress on the lure, and the bonus is I get to use it for tuna. I think I caught about 10-12 bass in the 15-20 lb class. I took no pics.

June 10th: Atlantic Ocean/CCB

I started in the Cape Cod Bay and ended up in the Atlantic Ocean. While I was off the popular beach of the area, I released 5 30-33″ fish before I moved away from the crowd and into the Atlantic Ocean. I was using a Sebile slow sinker mackeral but switched to red head Ronzi with a white and green tails after an idiot cast directly over my line while I was tight with a fish. Once his hook caught my braid, the Sebile was history.

In the ocean, I found some bass just under the surface in the lobster pots, and released 10 36″+ fish. You could see them all around under the boat. All were taken on a yellow mambo minnow or the above Ronzi setup. When Jeff passed by, he let me know with hand signals that farther south was dead, but I don’t think he got my hand signals. I was trying to communicate the huge school under my boat was big and down beneath me. All in all, a good day on the water.

Here is an example of the fish I caught. Some were bigger, some were smaller.

http://www.fletcherfishing.org/wp-content/uploads/Jun10small.jpg

June 11th – Cape Cod Bay

I was about to head to the ocean, but as soon as got to the first light house, fish were all over the place. They moved north, then south, then west, then east. They can’t help it they are fish. I never left the area. The fish were in the 32-40″ class. My replacement Sebile was working fine. Also a white Bomber 17A and the same Ronzi setup from the 10th. I released 12 of the 14 fish successfully. I was going to take one, but one fish when released had already bled out (deep hook, long time to be careful), and died quickly. My net finally gave out.

Here is a pic of the class fish I found:

http://www.fletcherfishing.org/wp-content/uploads/Jun_11small.jpg

JohnnySaxatilis
06-13-2011, 11:05 AM
sounds like a lot of fun, nice fish! im in yarmouth btw if you need a mate :uhuh: I'll bring the eels

MarshCappa
06-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Great report! Nice job this weekend!