View Full Version : Bad to Good to Bad

Got Stripers
06-20-2011, 11:22 AM
One of those days yesterday, filled with extremes. The day started out with my partner breaking a rod before I picked him up at the usual spot. We get to Sow & Pigs at Cutty, lower my trolling motor and as soon as I turn it on, the head is smoking and its done for the day. I like to fish there tight and dangerous, but not without the electric, so I backed off and lucked into a nice pod of bass to 25lbs. Short but hectic bite, then switched to fluke further up Vineyard sound and limited out fairly quickly fishing rigs tipped with bluefish belly strips. Back to Westport at the days end and put one keeper tog in the boat with a few last casts to the shallow rocks at Hens and Chickens. While targetting tog on 4" split tails in olive-gold glitter, didn't we get bit by a couple really nice bass up in 1-2 foot or so of rolling water. Home and beat, didn't I finish the day on yet another bad note, by sticking my left index finger with the point of the fillet knife and deep enough to nick the nerve by the knuckle so now my finger tip is completely numb to match my brian at that time. Don't I just hate it when I'm dumb and stupid, lack of sleep will do that to you, its usually when I'm at my dumbest.

Oh well, have some nice fillets for the 4th of July picnic, hope my finger doesn't fall off with some flesh eating bacteria before then.

Slipknot
06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
But, it seems like your back is doing alright Bob

you wanna play, you gotta pay

hope the motor is a quick simple fix. ouch
your finger will heal

no pictures?

I wish i had a bass to 25 lbs out there this past weekend :wall:

Got Stripers
06-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah I know, I hate paying, why does everything have to cost:). I guess the good news is I'm moving into that time of year, where the bite gets deeper and I use the trolling motor far less. When I read about pour Bill & Jules, my troubles are very easy to take, I'm grateful as Clammer closes every post with; for what I have.

JohnR
06-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Could be better, could be much worse. Hopefully your arm doesn't fall off ;)

Drew
06-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Quit yer bellyachin, old man. It was a small price to pay for a day like that.

rickhern
06-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Hey Bob, I was cleaning out some old gear and came across 3 of your WideBody plastics from 20 years ago. Hooks were junk but the baits will see water again Hope all is well.

Got Stripers
06-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Rick,

Those aren't even my design, my Ledge Runner Baits where however my brainchild in response to the shortcommings of those old Carty Critters. He made some nice baits, they were just way too soft to be economical for stripers, one and done.