View Full Version : Shipping fish

Raider Ronnie
06-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Anyone done it ?

nightfighter
06-22-2011, 05:31 PM
United or Japan Air. Only non stop service I am aware of. Have to call cargo. Not online. Rules are strict re packaging, but it's been ten years.... Also check Fedex and UPS as they are much better than they were ten years ago. And check with your local wholesaler, but they take a cut.....You already have an agent on the buy side market?

Raider Ronnie
06-22-2011, 05:41 PM
United or Japan Air. Only non stop service I am aware of. Have to call cargo. Not online. Rules are strict re packaging, but it's been ten years.... Also check Fedex and UPS as they are much better than they were ten years ago. And check with your local wholesaler, but they take a cut.....You already have an agent on the buy side market?

Just shipped 40lbs of fillets from a charter last week as requested by one of the guys on the charter.
Vacuum sealed all of them and they sat in a freezer in my house for 6 days till they guy was ready for them.
Packed them frozen in a cooler, sealed up cooler , wrapper in bubble wrap in a box and shipped Fedex overnight priority.
Just wondering about other options as most would NOT want to pay what these guys paid !:uhuh:

nightfighter
06-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Sorry, I thought you had a tooner for the Jap auction house... Yeah, Fedex is a little pricey, but the airlines are not dependable for domestic delivery, so Fedex or UPS.

Raider Ronnie
06-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Sorry, I thought you had a tooner for the Jap auction house... Yeah, Fedex is a little pricey, but the airlines are not dependable for domestic delivery, so Fedex or UPS.

Sorry for the confusion Ross.
Got the white NAT truck stored. in my cell

nightfighter
06-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Hope you get to make that call this year... and more than once!

PRBuzz
06-22-2011, 06:20 PM
You might want to pick up a supply of these:

Cooler freezer packs 20 reusable gel filled by koolit | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Cooler-freezer-packs-20-reusable-gel-filled-koolit-/170657376389?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bbf8e885#ht_500wt_1156)

chefchris401
06-22-2011, 11:15 PM
I use to run a wholesale Seafood company in Westport mass. We shipped vaccumm sealed shrimp and and crab claws to people all around the US.

We used UPS guarnteed overnight service, never had any issues and that was 8 years ago.

We use to get double or triple wall syrofoam boxes and these amazing gel packs from a place in new Bedford on the service road.

We put freeze the gel packs for as long as possible, shrimp were frozen 7 to 10 days, we also kept the foam boxes in the freezer, pack it all up and bring to the nearest drop off.

Even in the middle of summer the packages would make it 24 to 36 hours.

It was expensive for sure, but the customer paid.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Team Rock On
06-23-2011, 05:58 AM
USPS will probably be 1/2 the price of UPS or Fedex for overnight delivery.