View Full Version : Bear in Somerset Ma

Hookedagain
06-24-2011, 08:03 PM
My son and I were on our way to his all-star baseball practice tonight. On the way, there was a large group of people and police standing in and around the road. Thinking it was an accident we slowed down to see what everyone is looking at. Everyone was looking up toward the trees. Didn't make much sense to me so we continued on our way. Two and a half hours later we drove by the same location and everyone has move down one block and are still looking up to the trees. Come to find out it was a black bear on the loose!!! It was sighted in Attleboro on Tues....Taunton on Wed...Dighton yesterday...and Somerset today. Pretty wild scene, it must have been a freaky sight to see in your yard. I don't know if they caught it or not. All this happened less than a quarter mile from our house.

Saltheart
06-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Wow , thats asurprising area to find one. I would have thought it would head away from civilization once it had all the people around. Maybe the location of the spectators made it appear that was a good direction to go in.

Up a tree with a zillion people and vehicles , etc must scare the daylights out of the bear! I hope it made it to some woods safely.

Hookedagain
06-25-2011, 04:58 PM
I went to bed while it was still going on, and went fishng at 2 am....never got to watch the news. I just sat down to see if I can find out the outcome.