View Full Version : GPS

fishaholic18
04-24-2003, 07:23 PM
Just curious if anyone has had this problem. I took the boat out Monday. I launched out of Waewick cove and headed South toward Jamestown bridge. When I approached the Quonset area, my gps went haywire. It started doing crazy stuff like going in circles and scrolling thru the map by itself. This is a brand new Garmin 188c, the same thing happened to me with my handheld unit last season. Do they jam the signal around Quonset? Does anyone know anything about that? I just want to make sure my gps isn't defective. BTW, there are no fish at the bridge yet.:confused:

JohnR
04-24-2003, 07:27 PM
There is a big steam magnet generator over there for starting off the nuke plants for the Eletric boat subs....

... Just kidding....

Did it do the same thing when you returned?

Goose
04-24-2003, 07:28 PM
just be happy you made it home, some guys who go through the Bermuda Triangle don't

fishaholic18
04-24-2003, 07:36 PM
That's what I love about this forum, the b-bustin'. makes me LMAO. You guys are great. No John, it didn't do it when I returned. But when it did go haywire, I had to turn the unit off and back on to snap it back into reality. Next time I'll wack it with the gaff.:smash: Maybe it'll smarten up.

JohnR
04-24-2003, 07:59 PM
Maybe going over the sub caused the anomally.... :shocked: :nopain:

Ahhh only bustin - besides, we will be sharing the same ramp

Clammer
04-24-2003, 10:09 PM
When you go buy Quansot you have to bam the big green channel marker=============then look ay your gps

:smash: :smash: :smash:

JohnR
04-25-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by clamdigger
When you go buy Quansot you have to bam the big green channel marker=============then look ay your gps

:smash: :smash: :smash:

Clammer, I thought you & breakfast fish did that by Dead Reckoning.

He was SO on course that the hit was SO perfect that the damage was stuffed in symetrically through the bow.

For those using accurate GPS's please plot your waypoints AWAY from the channel markers - not THROUGH them :laughs:

Clammer
04-25-2003, 07:23 AM
Your right Boss, but F-18 could do the same &look at his gps and see if its accurate//////////////////////////////////