View Full Version : Murat Rods

RIGeezer
06-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Does any one know of any Murat rods around for sale?

Send E mail with info to

buzz.vickers@GMail.Com

piemma
06-28-2011, 08:45 AM
I collect murat rods as I use to "hang" there years ago. I have one rod that I may sell. I cannot guarentee Charlie wrapped it. It may have been wrapped by Dave Hammock, his son-in-law who took over the shop after Charlie died in 1972.
Let me think about it.

tattoobob
06-28-2011, 03:41 PM
I also have one that I bought from piemma for the right price I might let go, I'm pretty sure paul told me Dave wrapped it 11'6" surf spinning

piemma
06-29-2011, 12:33 AM
I remember that rod! Wrapped green over white on a maroon S-Glass blank. That was an absolute Canal rocket ship. Throws 4oz plugs half way across the Ditch.

tattoobob
06-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Yup that's the one
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

OLD GOAT
07-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Anyone have a Murat rod with the pointed wooden dowel in the but???

OLD GOAT
07-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Pointed wooden butt cap.
When i was young(very long time ago) surfcasters had one rod and a squider and would walk the beaches.
When they stopped to chat or visit the bushes they would jam their rod in the sand . The pointed wooden but helped the rod go into the sand far enough to stand upright.
Ithink Murat had a lot to do with the pointed butt

luds
07-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Pointed wooden butt cap.
When i was young(very long time ago) surfcasters had one rod and a squider and would walk the beaches.
When they stopped to chat or visit the bushes they would jam their rod in the sand . The pointed wooden but helped the rod go into the sand far enough to stand upright.

That's cool. Never heard of that. Sounds like it could inflict some personal damage in the rocks but makes sense for the outer cape.

piemma
07-02-2011, 02:43 AM
Pointed wooden butt cap.

Never saw that but Charlie did some weird things.
When Dave died there was a box of turned Mur-eel bodies, un-finished in the basement of the old store. They were very old as Dave didn't turn so these were Charlie's and he died in 72. Anyway, some were turned out of red cedar and I was told that Charlie took down and old cedar fence and turned them out of the posts.

1dozenraw
07-02-2011, 05:30 AM
I believe I saw a Murat rod with a pointed butt cap in the rack of used rods at Breachway Bait and Tackle a year or two ago. I thought I remembered it having a brass tip to it and figured it was so it could be used as a walking stick when balancing on boulders or rocks like the ones at Deep Hole. Anyway, it's long gone. I think it was 11' or so. Glass of course. I think white.