View Full Version : If it weren't our money, it'd be funny....

FishermanTim
07-01-2011, 10:24 AM
But since we taxpayers are footing the bill for Whitey's defense and now his helicopter rides, when will this assinine waste of money on a waste of a life end?

When any member of my family needs to get to the hospital, I fully expect the state to pony up the funds for MY helicopter ride to and from the facility. And when they decline, I'll get right in their face and tell them to go "ef themselves!"

With the way our legal system has defiled the law and created a lawsuit-happy society, I would be surprised if they DIDN'T exonerate Whitey and turn around and file a lawsuit against the families of his murder victims claiming that THEY caused all Whitey's troubles.
Don't laugh, the courts and inept judges have done so much to lead the way that it's always a possibility!

The Dad Fisherman
07-01-2011, 10:36 AM
But since we taxpayers are footing the bill for Whitey's defense

Which do you think is more Cost Effective...Letting Whitey keep all of his (Illegally Obtained) money and letting him pay for his own attorney....or Taking all his money and give him a lawyer.

I saw on the news last night that the lawyer get $9600 for representing him. He can file an appeal for more funds to cover expenses....but I bet it still doesn't come close to the money they took away from Whitey

BigFish
07-01-2011, 11:06 AM
In the end guys it is a right for all of us to obtain a court appointed lawyer......I did not hear anyone bitching about Sal DiMacey getting one....and he has the friggin dough?!?!?!?!?! The money they took from Whitey is ill-gotten gains and legally they are required to seize it. Just like money found in a drug den.....taken by the state/feds! What I want to know is....where does that money go??? Hmmmmmm????

Raider Ronnie
07-01-2011, 11:39 AM
FREE WHITEY :uhuh:

FishermanTim
07-01-2011, 12:21 PM
The free lawyer spiel is based on "if you cannot afford a lawyer".

I don't recall them changing the wording to say "If you cannot afford a lawyer GUARANTEED to get you #^&#^&#^&#^&, or "If you cannot afford a lawyer that just barely passed his bar exam....after 5 attempts"!

OH, and where does it say that the state has to pay for the highest paid lawyer in the country? I thought that if you could not afford a lawyer, you were ASSIGNED one by the state, you didn't shop around for one!

Sounds like someone has ILLEGALLY RE-WRITTEN the law, or as we like to say in this state "We just made our own interpretation of the law"!

The legal system in the state, as well as the country, is so screwed.
When judges are VOTED in, and not assigned/promoted based on favortism by lame-ass politicians, then and ONLY then will I beleive in that system. When you live in a society that provides the accused MORE rights, freedoms and previledges than the victims, then there is definitely something wrong with that system!

The Dad Fisherman
07-01-2011, 12:29 PM
The free lawyer spiel is based on "if you cannot afford a lawyer".

I don't recall them changing the wording to say "If you cannot afford a lawyer GUARANTEED to get you #^&#^&#^&#^&, or "If you cannot afford a lawyer that just barely passed his bar exam....after 5 attempts"!

OH, and where does it say that the state has to pay for the highest paid lawyer in the country? I thought that if you could not afford a lawyer, you were ASSIGNED one by the state, you didn't shop around for one!

Sounds like someone has ILLEGALLY RE-WRITTEN the law, or as we like to say in this state "We just made our own interpretation of the law"!

The legal system in the state, as well as the country, is so screwed.
When judges are VOTED in, and not assigned/promoted based on favortism by lame-ass politicians, then and ONLY then will I beleive in that system. When you live in a society that provides the accused MORE rights, freedoms and previledges than the victims, then there is definitely something wrong with that system!

If the State took away every red cent the guy has then, technically, he can't afford a lawyer, correct.

and as I stated before....the attorney is only drawing $9600 max for fees, which is a pittance in lawyer fees....the rest is Pro-Bono for the most part. he's taking the case because its High Profile....

I'm not sticking up for Whitey....I hope he gets everything he deserves....but I'm not seeing anything really wrong with this

Raider Ronnie
07-01-2011, 01:25 PM
WHITEY FOR PRESIDENT !
:kewl:

Couldn't be any worse than what we have now :uhuh:

MAKAI
07-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Turkeys on every table,:)

JohnnyD
07-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Wasn't Whitey's reply to the judge, "I could afford a lawyer if you gave me back my money"?