View Full Version : Marine Tropical, Plugger, and those that blatantly LIE, SPAM, & Deceptively Advertise

JohnR
04-25-2003, 08:48 AM
OK MarineTropical - I was not positive of this until now but you and, ahem "Plugger" ARE in collusion together to promote your product deceptively here on Striped-Bass. You are lying and being deceptive to everyone here that views this board. Your products may or may not be any good but your business ethics and the way you represent your product to the masses sucks.

In your e-mail you stated: "By the way I have done no spamming of any kind!!!". That is clearly a lie. And you were worrying about Internet Reputations, :doh: ... Your's just went: http://striped-bass.com/smilies/flush.gif here at S-B .

I have the same Mindspring IP address being used by you AND plugger. So either you are the same person or you are acting together in this pushing of product that You/Plugger deny. And I seriously doubt "Plugger" is sneaking into your house while you are asleep to use your computer. So consider yourself and your product PNG around here. If you wish to follow up you may do so but about the only thing that will fly might be an appology.

Here are pictures showing the same IPs used by you & Plugger - IF you are different people.

Randy - did you REALLY think we were that stupid?

MT http://www.striped-bass.com/images/mt/mtipmindspring2.gif

Plugger http://www.striped-bass.com/images/mt/pluggermindsping2.gif

fishweewee
04-25-2003, 08:51 AM
Busted. :eek: :smash:

fishsmith
04-25-2003, 09:19 AM
digital fingerprints.

Slipknot
04-25-2003, 09:26 AM
the dna evidence is in.

I believe John called your bluff.:nailem: :fishslap:

schoolie monster
04-25-2003, 09:33 AM
And here I just welcomed the guy in... shame on me.

Actually, I just wanted to get in on that worst kid shows part of the thread since I have a certain expertise in that area.

I seem to miss all the fun stuff. I missed all the striper sniper stuff and now the marine tropic stuff.

I lead such a sheltered life.

UserRemoved1
04-25-2003, 10:06 AM
IF THE GLOVE FITS.....you must not AQUIT :D

BigBo
04-25-2003, 10:38 AM
HMMMMMM!!!!!! Just as everyone suspected:af: And here i was giving him the benifit of doubt:af: Shame on me but it's just what I thought after reading everything that went on with the other Forum Boards. Bagged with your hand in the cookie jar!

Saltheart
04-25-2003, 10:45 AM
Its too bad. A simple "hi how are you" would have gotten him in on the right foot. After that , I'm sure we'd have loved to hear about his rubber fishies .

MountainBreeze
04-25-2003, 11:03 AM
Whoo Ahhh!

"Bus it"! ;)

Mr. Kav
04-25-2003, 11:23 AM
It is shocking what people will do to make a buck. i won't ever buy them now and will tell others not to as well.

hooked
04-25-2003, 11:43 AM
The Penetrator has been Penetrated.

NJTackle
04-25-2003, 11:55 AM
:hang:

Bigcat
04-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Good job Sherlock:D

Addicted
04-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Thanks for keeping an eye out for us John./:cool:

Roop
04-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Maybe he's a bi-polar:jester:

ragfly
04-25-2003, 01:10 PM
John maybe you should get a guest appearance on the TV "CSI".

I will never buy that product!

Got Stripers
04-25-2003, 01:18 PM
Like I posted privately and now feel justified in posting openly after the cat is officially out of the bag.

I'm going to post this here, because I've tried to avoid added to the fire on this site or any of the others, but even as MT claims his innocence the product continues to be promotted. And the banner request from SOL is a lame excuse at best, crap I've got emails to Tim dating back over a year or more asking for the same, but you don't see me using that as an excuse to promote my product. When you use the "I've asked time and time again for a banner...blah...blah...blah approach, only to follow it up with...it's the best damn product and everyone on this board would benifit subtle (yeah) sales pitch, I'm sorry I'm not passing him any tissues soon.

mikecc
04-25-2003, 07:17 PM
bump

mikecc
04-25-2003, 07:33 PM
I bumped it up when I saw that MT was online and watched from the
"who's on line" boy he did not stay long:smash:

macojoe
04-25-2003, 07:44 PM
Busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !:laughs:

Clammer
04-25-2003, 07:48 PM
#$%^ Him & the horse

:af: :af: :smash: :smash: :smash:

UserRemoved1
04-25-2003, 08:26 PM
bye bye baby :D:smash:

marinetropical
04-25-2003, 09:47 PM
JohnR, I stand by my case and I did not spam anyone!!! I didn't know it untill you brought it to my attention as I am not a computer wizard, and I never said you guys are stupid. Not knowing what is going on, and upset to say the least, I approached my two older kids and asked them if they screwing around on the computer. At first they denied and then my daughter finally told me the truth that she had named herself Plugger and was only trying to be nice and put a good word in for the product. I had told her that i was marketing the product and was excited about it. She by the way is 100 times more proficient at computers than me. She had seen me on the message boards and was curious to what I was saying on SOL. So my apologies to everyone. She is 14 years old and is she is a sweet heart and I guess she only wanted the best for her dad. When I asked her why did she start off "anyone heard of the penetrator" she replied that she saw it on SOL thread when I was on there at the time. So, thats the deal on that! So, I apologize on her behalf. Forgive me but I can't get upset with her as her intentions were meant to be well meaning.
I sent the samples out to you, and I hope you like them and I would still advertise on here as I am confident in my reputation and who I am as well as the product. When you get to know me and see me in person you will find that out. So, I don't want to hear that this is bull, etc etc it's the truth! Once again my apologies as I was as surprised as you were, but I don't know how to check IP addresses and all that and quite frankly I could care less about about computers anyway. I am a good person always have been always will be. Respectfully yours, MT

Slipknot
04-25-2003, 09:58 PM
It's a shame all this went on, if the product is really as good as it's made out to be then it will sell itself. They do look like they will work. just a thought.

marinetropical
04-25-2003, 09:58 PM
By the way, I never said anything bad about you guys or your products. If you look at other threads on other sites some of you guys made fun of the name of the product as well as try to put it down in a very subtle way. I HAVE NEVER EVER DONE THAT, EVEN WHEN IT WAS DONE TO ME OR MY PRODUCT! I looked at the threads and shook my head. I emailed JohnR and Tim before any of this stuff happened. You never see me even put my web site address on the boards, except for maybe one time on SOL and I say maybe as I don't recall. As far as Spamming never did that either, but I did send some emails out to some tackle shops to promote the penetrator. Theres nothing wrong with that as the tackle shops have been purchasing and are very, very happy tohave the penetrator in there shop. Respectively yours, MT

nightfighter
04-25-2003, 09:59 PM
My personal experience here on S-B has been that respect is earned over time, not bought, nor awarded. Those that have earned it here have spent the time and their history proves that out. Time will tell. Most don't carry grudges here when a positive history can tell the tale.

Let's let this thread end here.

JohnR
04-25-2003, 10:26 PM
MT - I'm sorry but I don't buy it. I don't buy that your 14 year old daughter, loggin in as "Plugger", buying things from the Goose, chasing weaks, knowing the VMC hooks, talking the talk, just doesn't add up. If it truly was your daughter take great pride in the fact that she's one in a million carrying herself in a far better manner than 99.2% of her age bracket.

Just too many coinkydinks here, the data that I can see clearly shows you and "plugger" typing from the same house, the threads here have followed almost identically the path that SOL and SS have run. Nahhh, I'm not convinced...

I'm not going to pitch or trash your product as I've never fished them, if you've sent them already I'll probably donate them to a club or something for a prize. But at this point I can't possibly see how I would have you sponsor on this site, regardless of how effective or ineffective your product is.

I truly feel we have been misled here and elsewhere.

Good day...

mikecc
04-25-2003, 10:32 PM
Sorry MT
But I for one don't believe a word your saying. You see I think you did it on other forms also you see there are guys that registered on each of the boards just when these threads were started & just for your lure that Miraculously appeared JUST for your thread and have never posted again. These guys slammed me and for no reason so I did some checking and I think you are one in the same. I ran the profiles on a few and here are a few results.

MAIN FORUM Reply To: Anyone tried the penetrator? backwater51 03-17-03 10:09 AM
MAIN FORUM Reply To: Anyone tried the penetrator? backwater51 03-16-03 10:57 PM
MAIN FORUM Reply To: Anyone tried the penetrator? backwater51 03-16-03 01:49 PM
MAIN FORUM Reply To: Anyone tried the penetrator? backwater51 03-15-03 09:41 PM
MAIN FORUM Reply To: Anyone tried the penetrator? backwater51 03-15-03 09:39 PM
MAIN FORUM Reply To: Anyone tried the penetrator? backwater51 03-15-03 07:25 PM
MAIN FORUM Reply To: Anyone tried the penetrator? backwater51 03-15-03 12:19 PM

MAIN FORUM Reply To: Anyone tried the penetrator? Tony77 03-16-03 06:16 PM
MAIN FORUM Reply To: Anyone tried the penetrator? Tony77 03-15-03 02:47 AM
MAIN FORUM Reply To: Anyone tried the penetrator? Tony77 03-15-03 01:42 AM
MAIN FORUM Reply To: Anyone tried the penetrator? Tony77 03-14-03 07:14 PM
MAIN FORUM Reply To: Anyone tried the penetrator? Tony77 03-14-03 07:10 PM
MAIN FORUM Reply To: Anyone tried the penetrator? Tony77 03-14-03 05:20 AM
MAIN FORUM Reply To: Anyone tried the penetrator? Tony77 03-13-03 11:55 PM

Sorry But it’s to easy

ridler72
04-25-2003, 11:21 PM
he's gotta be a yankee fan!!!1:eek: :ss:

marinetropical
04-25-2003, 11:23 PM
JohnR Well, you don't have to quote "BUY IT" My kids have been to goose hummock and my kids know about the product because they fish with me. What my kids don't know is that there are no weak fish at the cape. I already explained to them how the penetrator is made. You can donate them. i'm sure whoever gets them will be very happy. But, since you keep judging me and criticizing me, let me point out some things that i know your members of the message boards will find very interesting. First off "One should look at the perfomances of oneself first, before they look at the performances of others" For example:
1) I emailed you and it took you over a week to respond, saying you need to try out the product and that the site is comprised of mostly friends and family, I obliged and sent you samples, even though I emailed you saying I was kind of appalled on what was being said on your message boards. you said don't worry Randy things like this blow over, but you seem to be adding to the flames.
2) I have advertised in fishing shows were booths cost as much as 800 and up!
3) I have advertise on the internet and continue to do so and have offered to support and advertise on your site!
4) Other than Tim on SOL who is loadiing software and asked me to wait, no other site, fishing show, TV personalities, has had any problem with me advertising with them, Except you JOHN!

Now why is that? Is it:
!) You don't want me to advertise with your site.
2) Is it because I am not from cape cod and I am from "Noo Yawk" Nice! from fishingweewee the "former" New yorker
3) Is it because you have something to protect that is, other advertisers who seek not to have me on here and you are being pressured by them.
4) Afraid of betraying people (and you know who I mean) who are on the phone with you bad mouthing me! For absolutely no reason. Hmmm I wonder who that could be?

All because, you feel or take someone's opinion of what happened. Or your Quote "research" into so called IP addresses I told you the truth, I am a man of my word.

Now, I ask you. Why is it that you and only you have given me a hard time, when not one, of many people I advertise with had any problem what so ever talking to me on the phone, emailing me, complimenting the product. Just you JohnR

Something for your upstanding members to think about!

There is something more behind this than meets the eye.

What ever happened to the answer to my first email to you?
Whatever happened to "Randy, welcome aboard we would love to have you sponsor here at striped-bass.

You already knew the penetrator is sold at goose hummock and river head.

You know they wouldn't carry a crappy product!

BUT, You had to try it out anyway.

Even knowing that goose hummock and river head are two well respected tackle shops and carry the product. BUT, I say it again You had to try it out anyway.

I wonder why? Now I know why. Sincerely MT

marinetropical
04-25-2003, 11:34 PM
Mikecc, I wouldn't even go there if i were you, if I posted what you have said on other site's it would be three pages long. You have no problem posting your product on other site's. You don't even support other site's with anyform of advertising. I know you have a nice product. Never said anything bad about your product. But, If one were to look at what you said on other site about my product, one would see that you were knocking both the name of the product and the product itself! To blatantly just come on a message board in the manner in which you have I would say that is "SPAMMING" You are quick to judge others and you need to take a good look at yourself. Now, we can all either go out for a drink, fish and have fun. Or keep going on and on and on and on. I prefer going out having fun together fish and maybe have a few drinks, although I have to admit I am not much of a drinker. MT

mikecc
04-26-2003, 05:05 AM
MT
I do sponsor other boards & I am a long time memder of a lot of them.

On SS
I Offered Bait Boy Custom Rods free of charge and all his tackle and reels at cost when he lost his house.

I do put links up on other sites and no where does it say that I sell the product and they are just links to manafactures web sites.
The links on SS to my site were put up by BOB D himself & sence he ownes the site I think thats ok.
You see I would rather see a person have a good time fishing and if I don't have the product I will tell them who does even if it means loosing the sale, and if there is a product cheeper or just as good I will let the customer know so all he can have options.

BigBo
04-26-2003, 05:19 AM
MT, MT, MT,........ There you go again. You still manage to squeeze in the name of a couple shops selling your product, don't you. You're really not helping yourself here! :doh: Seems like you just can't stop yourself from doing it can you? If your product is as good as you say it is, just put it out there and it will sell itself! I ain't buying your story either. Too many coincidental multiple user names with the same IP address. Those "Plugs" were not posted by a 14 year old. Sorry but you should be :blush:

UserRemoved1
04-26-2003, 05:30 AM
If it looks like a DUCK, walks like a DUCK, then it must be a DUCK, so therefore shoot the duck and eat dinner :D

For the record I don't believe it either, why would a 14 year old go on a fishing site and try to advertise her daddies stuff. I seen that comin a mile away.

macojoe
04-26-2003, 05:38 AM
Hey John, why don't you just delete him from the club and end this post:wavey: :wave: Bye Bye. its been real but not real fun!

fishaholic18
04-26-2003, 06:27 AM
John, Go getum':behead: :gorez: :hang: :rocketem: :wavey:

bassmaster
04-26-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by marinetropical
JohnR

2) Is it because I am not from cape cod and I am from "Noo Yawk" Nice! from fishingweewee the "former" New yorker

You already knew the penetrator is sold at goose hummock and river head.

You know they wouldn't carry a crappy product!

BUT, You had to try it out anyway.

Even knowing that goose hummock and are two well respected tackle

G the goose has bone heads there and are a Joke what do U want for Min wage anyway.....

Crappy product, How about those bronze hooks in the lead and the Idiot at goose says " so they wear out and Buy more" or some thing like that.

leave My Wee Wee alone.
He aint from the Cape , I am and I hate NY and there arshole ways of pulling crap on the suds here, most of them.
We get pummeled here and it Burns My arse to listen to this crap
later
BTW ledge runner bait are better

Bigcat
04-26-2003, 08:00 AM
MT,
Don't go away mad......Just go away :smash:

Got Stripers
04-26-2003, 08:41 AM
You know MT as youv'e noticed I've deliberately stayed out of this on other boards, because I wasn't going to be pulled into some cheezey advertising debate over "big rubber". I've bit my tongue on SOL watching the BS as you whine about your banner plight, even though my requests probably pre-date yours, all the while you continued tooting your product on every post. If I played your tactics, I'd have posted and boasted that Tim just sent me a nice check for 100 of my 13 and 9 inch Mega and Big jerks in his favorite black shad color, but I don't advertise like you. I continued to bite my tongue as your cronnies bashed my product, even without personal experience, just based on looks alone. Still, I basically keep quiet, because my product speaks for itself; something you clearly aren't patient enough to allow happen for yourself.

You've hit a little too close to home now, as I consider these folks my friends and you've got some nerve trying to turn this spam/scam of yours on them. John has a great Board. He has gone out of his way and at great expense in personal time and expense to keep it up for everyone. He's got a wife, family and commutes to Boston from RI to work, so if you complain about not getting a response, consider that a busy man like John would prioritize who he should be getting back to. I'd have clearly put you at the bottom of that list, makes perfect sense to me.

Mike at M&D is the best, he's donated product, time, space at his place for numerous outtings so people at this board could learn and grow as fishers. You've got some fricken nerve trying to turn this around and your on the wrong fricken board if you think anyones going to buy that one.

Maybe you should take a look at the turn most of these penetrator threads have taken on these boards, I think that most have come to realize just exactly what this is; cheezy, low ball, flim-flam man type advertizing.

If your products so good, I suggest you let the product speak for itself and back way off, because I'd guess you've about worn out what little welcome you had here.

UserRemoved1
04-26-2003, 08:51 AM
Whot's a fricken? is that kinda like a RUBBER chicken?

JohnR
04-26-2003, 09:49 AM
JohnR Well, you don't have to quote "BUY IT" My kids have been to goose hummock and my kids know about the product because they fish with me. What my kids don't know is that there are no weak fish at the cape. I already explained to them how the penetrator is made. – You’re right, I don’t have to buy it. This hasn’t added up since this whole thing started and the more and more I see, it’s never going to add up.

Here is the nickel version of how this has gone:

You shoot an e-mail to someone running a board talking about your revolutionary product, then all of the sudden someone registers and their first post is asking if anyone has tried these. Then 1/3rd of the way into the thread, the first poster is now an expert and on other sites another person has registered and talked up the product…. No soft sell here is there bub. Other’s catch on (we’ve actually seen this before once or fifty times) and throw it back at the “new posters” and you come online or via e-mail and disavow all knowledge that you’re involved.

Is that how it works? Seems to me. So no, I don’t buy it. I truly hope you have an awesome daughter, a great kid. I have a son that’s 2 and this has been great. I wish great kids on people, much worse things can happen in life – however I don’t think that your daughter had anything to do with this. I think this is all you or you and your partner.

You can donate them. i'm sure whoever gets them will be very happy. But, since you keep judging me and criticizing me, let me point out some things that i know your members of the message boards will find very interesting. First off "One should look at the perfomances of oneself first, before they look at the performances of others" For example:
1) I emailed you and it took you over a week to respond, saying you need to try out the product and that the site is comprised of mostly friends and family, I obliged and sent you samples, even though I emailed you saying I was kind of appalled on what was being said on your message boards. you said don't worry Randy things like this blow over, but you seem to be adding to the flames.

Randy – here’s the short version. The S-B community is not your typical business. This community chugs along and we do what we can to keep the lights on and what little is left over might kick into my fishing kitty. Hasn’t usually worked out that way but it’s a hope to kick a couple bucks in for fishing. My REAL job, the one that feeds, shelters, and clothes my family is an IT position in Boston. S-B is something I WANT to do and has been very rewarding – and not because of $$. As for advertising, my policy is and has always been that I’ll allow advertisers that I know, have used, someone who’s opinion I trust have used, or sensational reputation that I know of – not what you as the owner tell me. You meet none of these requirements of mine so the only way I would consider you - which up until recently was still possible after a test drive of your product (if you sent it, it’s still at the PO Box as I haven’t been there since last Saturday and I won’t get there until Wed at the earliest – if you really need to know).

2) I have advertised in fishing shows were booths cost as much as 800 and up! I’m impressed – most I’ve been able to spend for advertising is $100.

3) I have advertise on the internet and continue to do so and have offered to support and advertise on your site! – I understand that but I had not determined if you or your product would be allowed to advertise here. That’s my call, not yours. I think you assumed the sale providing the ad fees were in line.

4) Other than Tim on SOL who is loadiing software and asked me to wait, no other site, fishing show, TV personalities, has had any problem with me advertising with them, Except you JOHN! – I’m not everybody else. I am looking for advertisers but they need to meet specific criteria of the site. We want the right mix of advertisers here without having too many. Nobody here wants a place that has 47 windows pop up with annoying ads or the constant pitch… We try to run a little lower key here. I’ve had to turn people down from advertising here that seemed like nice people, had good products, but would oversaturate a particular niche or area. I don’t want 12 tackle shops in Mass advertising, I don’t want 10 plug manufactureres or 10 soft plastics guys. I want a few plug guys, a few tackle guys over a larger area, yes – maybe even a couple plastics guys if it’s the right products and the right fit – this is obviously not the right fit.

Now why is that? Is it:
!) You don't want me to advertise with your site. Read above
2) Is it because I am not from cape cod and I am from "Noo Yawk" Nice! from fishingweewee the "former" New yorker. Nahh – I don’t know where you think I’m on the Cape but I’m in Rhody… The only thing that I hate about NY is the Yankees & Jets – I even kinda sorta like the Giants :D . Dude – you might have issues
3) Is it because you have something to protect that is, other advertisers who seek not to have me on here and you are being pressured by them. No – these guys don’t pay me enough to not be able to consider others.

4) Afraid of betraying people (and you know who I mean) who are on the phone with you bad mouthing me! For absolutely no reason. Hmmm I wonder who that could be?

You really believe that you are the wronged party here? Unstinkin’believable. Nope, no collusion here. Unless you call being friendly with them for a couple / few years. But we’re a community – a group that for the most part gets along and supports each other. We're not a closed community, many people get involved. You could have too – regardless of what you sell – but that can’t happen now can it? Oh, and they weren’t calling every 5 minutes…

All because, you feel or take someone's opinion of what happened. Or your Quote "research" into so called IP addresses I told you the truth, I am a man of my word.

The data tells me only so much. The rest of the story between here SS and SOL points another way. I personally can’t take your word on this.

Now, I ask you. Why is it that you and only you have given me a hard time, when not one, of many people I advertise with had any problem what so ever talking to me on the phone, emailing me, complimenting the product. Just you JohnR. Again – I’m not anyone else so I can’t speak for them. I did my own analysis and came to my own conclusions. I reasonably feel that some of the other sites owners may have come to a similar position had they had the luxury of seeing these threads and e-mails and access logs unfold the way I have.
I hadn’t seen your product so how can I compliment?

Something for your upstanding members to think about! – They can draw their own conclusions. I have no reservations about that.

There is something more behind this than meets the eye. Absolutely, I told you a week ago that I felt you weren’t being entirely truthful with me but I wanted to give you the benefit of doubt. Since then you have proved otherwise.

What ever happened to the answer to my first email to you?
Whatever happened to "Randy, welcome aboard we would love to have you sponsor here at striped-bass. – I don’t know what happened to that e-mail. I’m downloading my work e-mails to see where that is… I know I didn’t send it from home. This is what I have for that first e-mail:
-----Original Message-----
From: Marinetropical@aol.com [mailto:Marinetropical@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 6:42 PM
To: john@striped-bass.com
Subject: to whom it may concern

Do you have any information on advertising a banner on your site. The
rates, number of hit, views, etc. Thanks, Randy and reply:
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 7:43 PM
To: 'Marinetropical@aol.com'
Subject: RE: to whom it may concern

Randy,

Good evening, my name is John Rxxxx and I run Striped-Bass.com. We can
discuss ad rates and traffic stats shortly (we get plenty of daily visitors
and hits :) ) but first, who do you represent? What do you offer? I'm a bit
selective on site sponsors as I want to make certain our members are doing
business with good shops & companies & products. Do you have a website so I
can check out your products?

Thanks,

John Redmond

You already knew the penetrator is sold at goose hummock and river head. – You told ne that – I haven’t been to Goose in 2 years and where is Riverhead? The only reason I know they are at GH is that here and on SS someone spammed it for you. ‘Course with these name drops from you and your partner(s) – everyone else does too :rollem:

You know they wouldn't carry a crappy product! – No, I don’t know that. I would hope not. But I’ve only been in there a few times. I’m usually further towards Truro…

BUT, You had to try it out anyway. – Try your product? Before you advertise here? Yes – I do. Absolutely

Even knowing that goose hummock and river head are two well respected tackle shops and carry the product. BUT, I say it again You had to try it out anyway. – That’s correct – actually, I would try it and I would have a couple other people try it as well. It may be a top notch product or it may be lousy – and as of yesterday it will not be advertised here. Nice continual product pitch. Very Bartlettesque :laughs:

I wonder why? Now I know why. Sincerely MT – I doubt it MT – I doubt you know why and I doubt you are sincere. All I can see here from e-mails and these threads that there is very little you understand nor are willing to do so. When I said I would consider your product, I meant it. When I said I would need to try it (and others) to make up my mind – I meant it.

So now we seem to be going in circles. I think you have tried to deceive me and the members here. That’s uncool. I also really think you should not continue to push your product here as it violates the registration agreement. You have done nothing to convince me that you were not intending to generete some free buzz followed by some advertising bucks...

Again – Good Day. Now after 2 hours of reading & responding to this drivel, I’ll finally spend some time with my son… Thanks for ruining a good morning.

marinetropical
04-26-2003, 10:31 AM
JohnR, Yes, john my Daughter is one in a million, highly intelligent, and not your average 14 yr old. Thanks for the compliment. I'm sure you are proud of your kids,too.
I sent the samples out airborne express to you, I hope they deliver to a PO address. Hope you get them.
Enjoy your day with your son didn't mean to ruin it, and i'm sure I didn't.

Let's go with your theory that I posted as plugger ok? which you want to believe and so be it.

1) As it was a first post, about a product in this case mine, no website address was posted, it didn't say the product is superior, other than it was a great soft bait.
2) Lets say on a first post somebody said
a) Has anyone heard of yozuri lures
b) Has anyone heard of gibbs
c) Has anyone heard of rattle trap
d) Has anyone heard of ledgerunner baits

Now, I can assure you nobody would be saying anything about that and accusing them of spamming, free advertising etc, etc
Or saying things that are not nice.
In no way did I ever bad mouth anybody or there product.

I realize you do the site for fun and enjoyment and some of the money helps keep the operation going, to keep the lights on so to speak. I understand that.

I also realize that your advertisers are all or mostly all up there.

But, Think about it, I came to you to advertise, thats helps you keep the lights on, hopefully it helps me do the same thing here.

That's all I'm talking about!

All you had to say was that you don't want no yankee or noo yawkers to advertise on your site and I would go on my merry way. There are alot other places I can advertise. I liked your site, figured I would try and go with you.

Thats it in a nut shell, Enjoy your day and as you have said to me, eventually things blow over.

Respectfully yours, MT

gilligan
04-26-2003, 10:32 AM
this guy is a clown. save your breath mt and just go away. one lie on top of another. didn't your mommy teach you not to lie. you can bet ill NEVER buy you garbage product. "my daughter made those posts" that is bullsh##! your a liar and your buisness ethics suck! loser!:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

macojoe
04-26-2003, 11:16 AM
Man is this guy thick or what :confused:

fishweewee
04-26-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by BM
BTW ledge runner bait are better

WEEEEEEEEEE!

Ya know, when I hit the Goose, I spend more time ogling the nice selection of Bombers on the South wall than anything else that might penetrate my interest. :D

I'm going to make it a point to swing by MikeCC's shop even if it kills me. I always try to stop by, but I always end up getting lost on my way back from P-Town. :smash:

Marine Tropical, I haven't tried the product yet (I might bum one off of a LI friend who picked up a few at a show), but, if I might say, your product bears a somewhat unfortunate appellation.

I was most shocked when I did a web search on "Rubber" and "Penetrator" and came up with a variety of, er, erotic instruments that required some lubricious self-implementation. :laughs:

-WW

Goose
04-26-2003, 12:12 PM
:yak:Jets:uhoh:n:uhoh:Yanks:rocketem: HATE'UM

JohnR
04-26-2003, 12:29 PM
JohnR, Yes, john my Daughter is one in a million, highly intelligent, and not your average 14 yr old. Thanks for the compliment. I'm sure you are proud of your kids,too.
I sent the samples out airborne express to you, I hope they deliver to a PO address. Hope you get them.
Enjoy your day with your son didn't mean to ruin it, and i'm sure I didn't. Good... `

Let's go with your theory that I posted as plugger ok? which you want to believe and so be it. We're going in circles again. The IP address was yours, the profile is similar to users at StriperSurf and I didn't see SOL's but I wouldn't be suprised either. It does not seem to be the profile concocted by a young teenager. And if you are just finding out now, perhaps you should revisit the old threads over at SS on this same topic. But, again, circles...

1) As it was a first post, about a product in this case mine, no website address was posted, it didn't say the product is superior, other than it was a great soft bait. Different case - the thread started out very similar to other threads from SOL & SS. Some people were actually waiting for it to happen over here - just a matter of time. And it started in similar ways. So imagine my suprise when a thread I was informed about on SS several weeks ago appeared to be running part 2 over here on S-B... It didn't smell right and when you denied it, I tried to give you the benefit of doubt even though my gut told me things weren't on the up and up. Which proved to be correct - how else should I take this?

2) Lets say on a first post somebody said
a) Has anyone heard of yozuri lures
b) Has anyone heard of gibbs
c) Has anyone heard of rattle trap
d) Has anyone heard of ledgerunner baits
Would that be with having the same thing happen on other sites or not? Ohh, and see above...

Now, I can assure you nobody would be saying anything about that and accusing them of spamming, free advertising etc, etc
Or saying things that are not nice.
In no way did I ever bad mouth anybody or there product. Not while logged in as MT...

I realize you do the site for fun and enjoyment and some of the money helps keep the operation going, to keep the lights on so to speak. I understand that.

I also realize that your advertisers are all or mostly all up there. For now but some products are coastal and doesn't matter - I doubt I'd get anyone form MD to sponsor here but you never know, there is a possibility of a shop or two from NC

But, Think about it, I came to you to advertise, thats helps you keep the lights on, hopefully it helps me do the same thing here. I can't honestly recommend you as a buisiness person - regardless of product at this time...

That's all I'm talking about!

All you had to say was that you don't want no yankee or noo yawkers to advertise on your site and I would go on my merry way. There are alot other places I can advertise. I liked your site, figured I would try and go with you. Now you are suffereing from Optical Rectumitis. Do you honestly believe it's a New York thing? Really? Maybe Jersey but not NY :laughs:

Thats it in a nut shell, Enjoy your day and as you have said to me, eventually things blow over. Would be a good idea to drop this now...

Respectfully yours, MT

See ya...

DaveS
04-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by JohnR
Do you honestly believe it's a New York thing? Really? Maybe Jersey but not NY

HEy now!!!:af:

marinetropical
04-26-2003, 12:53 PM
JohnR I have rec'd email since your post from other people. All seem to have had some problem one way or another with you. Now I know why. I agree let's drop it from here. I can honestly say I couldn't recommend your site as well, to any other advertisers or fellow fisherman I deal with. Good luck fishing this year and be safe. :) MT

JohnR
04-26-2003, 01:11 PM
Hi Dave :)

JohnR
04-26-2003, 01:24 PM
MT - sounds like spin to me. There have been a few people banned from here for blatantly spamming against the rules (anyone remember my favorite spammer? :D - though he has some competition now). There have been a few people that I have not allowed to advertise and there is a couple people that asked, including recently NJTackle that I said we can revisit in the future, but the people I've said no to are people that I: a) Don't know anything about, b) don't think are appropriate, or c) would be a case of too many hands into too small of a pie - which is what happened recently with NJT. There was another plug supply buisiness that tried several months ago, who I also ask to defer until later...

I am working with 3 guides, one in Mass north shore, one in - wait, is this possible? New Jersey? What the hell was I thinking :eek5: One new Captain doing Naragansett Bay to Block as he starts up a new guide business (Yo Duke, shoot me an e-mail). Potentially one local shore guide. I'm talking to 2 shops, one Mass, one CT. I could do more but I don't have the time to chase every conceiveable shop or flood this site with sponsors...

Now I really don't think it's necessary to put my "business" dealings up for the world to see but since you need to put as much spin as possible on your glowing reviews here, I will. And if anyone that has tried to do business with me or otherwise have a problem with me, it's encouraged that they bring it up on the boards to air it out or e-mail me with it.

All I can think of is FCalive, StriperSniperX, and Patrick. And I let others decide if I'm wrong on this :D ...

So MT, save as much face as you can trashing others and claiming victim, I still now think you are full of it.... Anything else negative you want to say?

mrmacey
04-26-2003, 01:38 PM
:D

JohnR
04-26-2003, 01:42 PM
MM - what's the name of your company? I think Gone Fishing Livery service has a good ring to it :D So yes - you can advertise - you can even tow my boat when I get it :)

Bill L
04-26-2003, 02:04 PM
MT, if you're going to play victim, you have your supposed friends and daughter who did the spamming to blame. The posts were out and out LIES, and people don't take kindly to being deceived by anybody, much less when its our MONEY you want (this is the ultimate end goal of your sales, isn't it?).

The alleged spammers are people who are obviously close to you, and I personally find it hard to believe you had no idea of what was going on and couldn't have put a stop to it. They've dug you a pretty big hole, and I for one will NEVER buy what your selling after this baloney. And BTW, its not the Noo Yawk part, its the Noo Yawk CHEEZBALL part that does it for me :yak:

chris L
04-26-2003, 02:50 PM
Mr Macy can you have "gone fishing " printed on your limos and get a hearse . When I die I want to travel in your hearse with my family in your limos .

Good idea John thanks

IFG
04-26-2003, 03:59 PM
Hey I've watched this thread since the begining and let me say I am appualed. John provides a free service and a wonderful website and you take advantage of it. HTen you bad mouth people and this site like Mike he's a guy that knows his stuff. Buddy if you are a bleeding heart for your company and are crying about add space you dont know your fishing business history, the greatest off all companies's got out by word of mouth or the owners fished along side thier customer's like Bob [GotStripers] or Stan Gibbs Not by illegal ad-space. Blaming your kids for your mistakes or futher more using them for advertisement purposes is just sad. I am 15 and very intelligent and if I wanted to screw up John's site I would but I would never it would be immoral and wrong. John does just fine without advertisers or people like you bad mouthing him if you dont like the site or dont want to play by the rules get lost. You bring disgrace to the name "Plugger".

TheSpecialist
04-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Ouch :eek:

Gibbs hit a nail on the head...

Karl F
04-26-2003, 04:33 PM
Was in the "Goose" this AM... silver, and some pink ones right on the counter in front of the register. Both with the leadhead, and soon to be rusty hook... $2.88 a pop! Asked Mark if they was a flyin' out the door... big wink, telling smile, and a "Oh, Yeah!"
Kinda says it all.......

Mike P
04-26-2003, 06:14 PM
Move over Oxy-Dave. There's a new champ being crowned :smash:

mrmacey
04-26-2003, 06:21 PM
MICHAEL STACEY MACEY :D To all my fellow fisherpeople my new service is here to serve you mention this board and you not only receive a discount but sb.com receives something to keep the lights on theres one problem! I CANT GO ON SAND, theres no rod holders! and if your wet you cant sit on leather seats.:D I finally landed my first job today!! :happy: logan drop off im on my way!

mikecc
04-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Mike P
Move over Oxy-Dave. There's a new champ being crowned :smash: :laughs:

I think his punishment should be I will not spam 100,000 times

I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam I will not spam

JohnR
04-26-2003, 06:51 PM
Hey congrat's MSM... First Fare!

shore manic
04-26-2003, 07:34 PM
hope it's all over!!! i just have two words to sayno comment !! hmmmm MSM congrats on your 1st fare.how many s-b members can you fit for a night out on the town. :happy:

Yuletide
04-26-2003, 08:24 PM
WOW!

This was one angry thread...

John, it's your site and you can do what you want but you don't need this!

Time to pull the plug (no pun) and get back to fish talk.

Agreed? :claps:

JohnR
04-26-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Yuletide
WOW!

Time to pull the plug (no pun) and get back to fish talk.

Agreed? :claps: Good point - locked and bannished into the Scuppers...

JohnR
01-10-2006, 10:57 PM
In the spirit of having fun at someone else's expense - I'm bumping this thrwad up for a day or two :hihi: