View Full Version : This is gonna hurt a little

BigBo
07-04-2011, 07:08 PM
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/classifieds/72033-hobie-pro-angler.html#post869862

striperman36
07-04-2011, 08:20 PM
get the knee keep the yak.

Sorry for your pain, a full you'll be back in 3 mos. A partial unfortunately takes longer, that I can tell you for sure.

spence
07-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't sell it too quickly unless you need the cash. 1) it's motivation to get back out and 2) you'll pay more in total cost of ownership assuming a) you're not off the yak for several years and b) new yakking technology doesn't make your current ride obsolete.

-spence

FishermanTim
07-05-2011, 10:33 AM
I 2nd Spence....keep the yak as incentive to get back in the saddle ASAP (with doctors approval).

Nebe
07-05-2011, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't sell it too quickly unless you need the cash. 1) it's motivation to get back out and 2) you'll pay more in total cost of ownership assuming a) you're not off the yak for several years and b) new yakking technology doesn't make your current ride obsolete.

-spence

X3.. I had a mint VW Westfalia that i sold 10 years ago and regret it all the time. Keep the PA under a tarp....

ridler72
07-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Sorry to hear about this. I have right knee issues on my right. Down the road I will need replacement too. For now, the Hobie is helping with the arthritis. It's seems that way anyways.

Pete_G
07-05-2011, 03:13 PM
At some point during your rehab if you get a knee replacement your PT is likely to recommend an exercise bike - and you might be wishing you kept the yak.

More often then not my Mom has her patients on a bike as they progress, assuming they are young and fit enough. She's a physical therapist, specializing in knee and hip replacement.

Not to get all Holiday Inn Express on you - but biking (or pedaling) tends to work your body in a bilateral manner - which often will be recommended after that sort of surgery to help equalize your strength and flexibility.

As Spence said, getting back in the saddle might be a good goal to have as you deal with the earlier parts of the rehab as well.

BigBo
07-06-2011, 09:46 AM
There's a new Yak Rat in the house. Ecduzitgood is the proud new owner of a Pro Angler. Enjoy it Ed.

PRBuzz
07-06-2011, 09:48 AM
There's a new Yak Rat in the house. Ecduzitgood is the proud new owner of a Pro Angler. Enjoy it Ed.

Congrats. Ed, you are going to have to modify that 3 wheeler canal bike to carry a yak now!