View Full Version : Working the Ditch

QuonsetCaster
07-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Finally vacation, heading to South Yarmouth 7/11 thru 7/17. Will be on the canal or the South Shore each morning 4 to 8 while the honey sleeps. Is anything happening at either place ? Will call the Redtop for any reports but figured I would throw it out there because S-B guys and Trolls are there more often. Any suggestions or advice would be helpful. Has there been any more trouble at night that I should beware of and where. Thanks guys we are looking to have a blast on the Cape like usual. :soon:

JohnnySaxatilis
07-06-2011, 08:38 AM
have fun! i'll be over on nantucket that week, or i'd offer to fish with ya. the forcast: hazy with a chance of blackout shenanigans.

the water has been real warm on the south side here; bring the small metal as well, they've been eatin small sand eels in my experience as of late. best chance is probly at the ditch for some decent action. good luck

QuonsetCaster
07-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks JS we will be checking out the Y-D Sox , walking the boggs,Seagull Beach, Melody Tent, BBC and a half day fluke and seabass trip out of Hyanas. And thats after I get my daily fishing in. What a country.

JohnnySaxatilis
07-06-2011, 10:31 AM
the Y-D Sox , walking the boggs,Seagull Beach, Melody Tent, BBC and a half day fluke and seabass trip out of Hyanas. And thats after I get my daily fishing in. What a country.

best deal in town, like watching a private professional game:buds: have fun go sox!!!

ProfessorM
07-06-2011, 11:10 AM
I'll send you a pm when I get home and tell you what I know . I've been fishing the canal last few mornings.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

QuonsetCaster
07-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Last year up in Brewster I got to meet Antony Ronaldo the Sox #1 Draft pick from LSU NCAA National Champs because Y-D was out of town. You never know who you are going to meet and you can't beat the price.

QuonsetCaster
07-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks ProfessorM last couple of years have been pretty desent .On the west south of the train bridge it was like Deep Purples "Smoke on the Water" and day break an incredible sight of bass and birds working until about 8 then I head back to the Cove and take care of business. Next day Dunkin in Bourne at 4 ,check the west ,go to Herring then to the east at Sag.

JohnnySaxatilis
07-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Last year up in Brewster I got to meet Antony Ronaldo the Sox #1 Draft pick from LSU NCAA National Champs because Y-D was out of town. You never know who you are going to meet and you can't beat the price.

nice! I know, its cool. You're watching all the top prospects straight out of college making their way to the show. sick :uhuh: I know a bunch of families that house the players they're all over the place here. get the autograph, you never know which major league team that player will be on in the near future:smash: Tek, Nomar, Valentine, not to mention countless others were on the Y-D sox

QuonsetCaster
07-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Monday 7/11 vs Cotuit and Wednesday 7/13 vs Chatham.:wavey: