View Full Version : New Fishing Partner Wanted

fishbones
07-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Due to some recent events, I've decided that I need a new fishing partner. If you feel you may be the right person for this rather illustrious job, please submit an application with your qualifications by Wed., 7/14. In order to be considered, you must meet the following simple criteria:

1: You must be willing and available to fish both early morning and late night hours on short notice. I'm terrible at planning, so I usually decide last minute when I'm going.

2: You should have access to and be able to read a tide chart. I'm very lazy and forgetful, so I rely on my fishing parnter for this information.

3: You must know the difference between a needle fish and a pencil popper.

4: You should either carry your cell phone with you or be single. I do not answer calls from wives or girlfriends at 3am wondering where you are when you're sitting next to me in the car on the way home from fishing.

5: Most importantly, you need to understand how to cast into moving water and work you plug or eel without crossing my line when I'm standing 30 feet away from you.

In return, you will have the opportunity to listen to my smart alec comments and insults and get to carry my eel bucket. As if that's not enough, you will also gain a wealth of fishing knowledge in a very short time by watching me and learning what not to do. This is stuff that just cannot be learned from watching tv or reading books.:grins:

tysdad115
07-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Do we pay you by the hour? Will I need to add a rickshaw to my cruiser to tote you around? It all sounds great so far.

striperman36
07-07-2011, 10:01 AM
OD not workin out?

piemma
07-07-2011, 10:05 AM
You are not looking for a partner. You are looking for an indentured servant.

fishbones
07-07-2011, 10:08 AM
OD not workin out?

No, he's great but he's can't commit because he also mates on PRBUZZ's boat and fishes with his other friends.

Do we pay you by the hour? Will I need to add a rickshaw to my cruiser to tote you around? It all sounds great so far.
No need to pay money, but I do accept plugs. I hadn't thought about the rickshaw, but it's a very interesting idea. If it means less physical work for me, I'm in!

BigFish
07-07-2011, 10:09 AM
You throwing in free Dunkies coffee???? If I was not currently working full time we would be a match made in heaven John!!! I hate cell phone users when fishing!!!:fury:

fishbones
07-07-2011, 10:14 AM
You are not looking for a partner. You are looking for an indentured servant.

I thought that was what I was getting when I got married, but boy was I wrong!:rotf2:

You throwing in free Dunkies coffee???? If I was not currently working full time we would be a match made in heaven John!!! I hate cell phone users when fishing!!!:fury:

Larry, when we get together for a scramble the coffee's on me! You're Dunks best customer and the best marketing we have!

BigFish
07-07-2011, 10:15 AM
The only thing missing from our "Scrambles" has been you??? When you coming out to play???:confused:

The Dad Fisherman
07-07-2011, 10:18 AM
I thought that was what I was getting when I got married, but boy was I wrong!:rotf2:

I'm pretty sure thats what she was thinking too......:hihi:

fishbones
07-07-2011, 10:32 AM
The only thing missing from our "Scrambles" has been you??? When you coming out to play???:confused:

I haven't even pulled the yak out from storage yet:wall:. The spring and summer have been so busy that I haven't had much time to fish other than late night/early am. I'm hoping to do a bunch of the scrambles the rest of the way, though. I check in on the kayak forum every day to see what's coming up and also check the Yak Rats page when I'm on FB.

tysdad115
07-07-2011, 10:42 AM
No, he's great but he's can't commit because he also mates on PRBUZZ's boat and fishes with his other friends.

If you heard the insults that are thrown around so freely you would use a word other then "friends". :rotf2: Too many laughs with that motley crew.

RIJIMMY
07-07-2011, 10:59 AM
There is another benefit Fishbones does'nt mention!

You will fish the canal with no crowds at all! No one for miles around. The downside is there are no fish around but you have plenty of room to cast.

O.D. Mike
07-07-2011, 11:14 AM
If you heard the insults that are thrown around so freely you would use a word other then "friends". :rotf2: Too many laughs with that motley crew.

Can't post right now fishing on Buzz's boat.... Best catch of the day so far is Spaulding. Post pics later.
Cheers
O.D.M.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rockfish9
07-07-2011, 11:27 AM
I hate cell phone users when fishing!!!:fury:

They get one warning if they are in my boat... then they need a new phone.:devil2:

iamskippy
07-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Can't post right now fishing on Buzz's boat.... Best catch of the day so far is Spaulding. Post pics later.
Cheers
O.D.M.

Don't worry Mike you can come fish with Balowme plug pro-staff crew any day, and the best part is you will catch fish :rotf2: while busting Greg's a55!
Cause lord knows we were not short on jokes, Oh sorry Greg too soon?

justplugit
07-07-2011, 11:38 AM
FB,sounds like Spence would be a good choice.
You could help him get back into fishing and the two of
you could bond talking politics during the lull at slack. :hihi:

GregW
07-07-2011, 11:46 AM

I was semi impressed at the insults being thrown around. It was abotu half as ruthless as the stuff I heard in the army. :rotf2:
But, I am still most impressed at the verbal thrashing that skip takes. He must cry on the inside because he shows no emotion on the outside.

GregW
07-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Don't worry Mike you can come fish with Balowme plug pro-staff crew any day, and the best part is you will catch fish :rotf2: while busting Greg's a55!
Cause lord knows we were not short on jokes, Oh sorry Greg too soon?

A short joke? Really?
Your not exactly a point guard in the nba. Arent you like 5'5"

WESTPORTMAFIA
07-07-2011, 11:49 AM
You finally ditched the bitch. Lol too funny. What will drew do without you?

fishbones
07-07-2011, 12:43 PM
You finally ditched the bitch. Lol too funny. What will drew do without you?

I'm guessing your cell phone will be ringing a lot in the next few days.:rotf2: Keep an eye in your rear view mirror for a green Dodge pickup with a yellow canal bike in the bed following you.

iamskippy
07-07-2011, 12:46 PM
A short joke? Really?
Your not exactly a point guard in the nba. Arent you like 5'5"

if im 5'5 then your 4'7 short round. froto your needed back at the village

JohnnyD
07-07-2011, 01:52 PM
4: You should either carry your cell phone with you or be single. I do not answer calls from wives or girlfriends at 3am wondering where you are when you're sitting next to me in the car on the way home from fishing.
Please tell me this didn't actually happen. If I'm fishing at night, the Mrs. might send a "going to bed" text but if I don't answer she assumes that I'm into fish or ignoring her (almost always the latter). I won't hear from her again until a "catch anything?" text when she gets up in the AM.

There was one time that she's called her brother when we were fishing together looking for me but that was because I was 14hrs late getting home (a rare time I was actually catching fish) and my phone was dead and she thought I was floating face down in the Bay somewhere.

I'm quite appreciative that she has three older brothers that grew up as fishermen and outdoors men.

JZ, we've gotta get out to the canal together again. Always a pleasure fishing with you.

GregW
07-07-2011, 02:08 PM

Get back to me when you can remember to bring the handle for your reel when you go fishing.

Swimmer
07-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Good, we needed a funny beginning of summer thread.

iamskippy
07-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Get back to me when you can remember to bring the handle for your reel when you go fishing.
i have a handle on the handle now, thank for the reminder.

Raven
07-07-2011, 02:34 PM
do you need a degree ? :rolleyes:

how about references?

tysdad115
07-07-2011, 02:34 PM

:rotf2: , gotta admit for a big dude he covered some serious ground getting back to us that morning....and we weren't exactly coasting.

PRBuzz
07-07-2011, 05:14 PM

No need to pay money, but I do accept plugs. I hadn't thought about the rickshaw, but it's a very interesting idea. If it means less physical work for me, I'm in!

I only use him during the day: sun up to sun down, you can have him at night!:rotf2: He catches fish better when napping anyways, so he can nap on the boat.:)

striperman36
07-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Starting to sound like a swamp people thread

spence
07-07-2011, 06:33 PM
I'll do it but I might not ever go.

-spence

5/0
07-07-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm guessing your cell phone will be ringing a lot in the next few days.:rotf2: Keep an eye in your rear view mirror for a green Dodge pickup with a yellow canal bike in the bed following you.

What?!?! No more Mule?Did you guys break up :devil2:

WESTPORTMAFIA
07-07-2011, 07:03 PM
The aquatic donkey! Lol

mag minnow
07-07-2011, 07:15 PM

Did that really happen? :rotf2:

tysdad115
07-07-2011, 08:09 PM

One word- Yes

fishbones
07-07-2011, 08:24 PM
What?!?! No more Mule?Did you guys break up :devil2:

Lets just say it's complicated and leave it at that.:hidin:

iamskippy
07-07-2011, 08:37 PM

indeed it did :rotf2:, for some reason they got excited and took off after OD mike, i guess hes easy prey to pick on, so i hurried up loaded the cruiser and took off. 2 miles down from BSP heading west i reelized my handle was still in the truck. I whiped the rig around and burned back to the truck and then burned back to met up with them, it appeared the crew just arrived when i caught up to them some several miles down.

:lama:

striperman36
07-07-2011, 08:44 PM

Denise Richards lives in town?

Raven
07-07-2011, 08:49 PM
and the plot thickens....

.......................................dark clouds gather on the Horizon :devil2:

O.D. Mike
07-07-2011, 10:44 PM

Froto,
Skippy, I must say you are a master ball buster!!!!

Had fun that night, couldn't keep up with the crew ball busting, they told me I had a C game and I felt like I was failing. Good laughs and can't wait for the next time....

Cheers,
O.D. Mike

5/0
07-08-2011, 05:09 AM

Thats too bad.
I don't think I could fill the wader boot criteria your looking for,since I haven't fished in over three weeks, work has been too demanding:smash:(it's killin me not being out on the water.
But I'll fish with ya from time to time and show you a thing or to:devil2: & if it makes you feel better you can lug my eel bag around:uhuh:

fishbones
07-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Thats too bad.
I don't think I could fill the wader boot criteria your looking for,since I haven't fished in over three weeks, work has been too demanding:smash:(it's killin me not being out on the water.
But I'll fish with ya from time to time and show you a thing or to:devil2: & if it makes you feel better you can lug my eel bag around:uhuh:

It's not that the Mule and I had a falling out or anything. He's just learned everything he can from me and needs to move on to the next level. I think he's now ready for Jay to teach him the finer points of chunking with fishfinder rigs. Maybe Jay could even let him carry his cooler of pogies around.:grins:

Anytime you can get out to fish, give me a call. Starting next week, I'll be getting out more than usual. I might even offer to carry your bag of eels if that's really what you mean by "lugging your eel bag".

tysdad115
07-08-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm one of the few that have actually seen OD catch fish, maybe I should write a book.

iamskippy
07-08-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm one of the few that have actually seen OD catch fish, maybe I should write a book.

I to have witnessed this event, you can use me as a eye witness Andy for your book, only thing missing is a picture for proof.

I heard TY gave him a few of his own bass , so he canput lures in there mouth, but that maybe just a rumor.

WESTPORTMAFIA
07-08-2011, 11:13 AM
We need him to learn how to cast straight before we can teach him how the fishfinder rig goes above the swivel. That was pretty funny stuff.

It's not that the Mule and I had a falling out or anything. He's just learned everything he can from me and needs to move on to the next level. I think he's now ready for Jay to teach him the finer points of chunking with fishfinder rigs. Maybe Jay could even let him carry his cooler of pogies around.:grins:

Anytime you can get out to fish, give me a call. Starting next week, I'll be getting out more than usual. I might even offer to carry your bag of eels if that's really what you mean by "lugging your eel bag".

PRBuzz
07-08-2011, 11:21 AM

Not sure that would even qualify as 1/2 page special in the Sunday paper vs a book or at the very least a very short, kids story book.:biglaugh:

Fishoholic
07-08-2011, 11:41 AM
I know the feeling!

:p

O.D. Mike
07-08-2011, 12:11 PM

Name the book "How to ride your sons coattails by Tysdad"

tysdad115
07-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Not sure that would even qualify as 1/2 page special in the Sunday paper vs a book or at the very least a very short, kids story book.:biglaugh:

No problem Phil it would be written in crayon anyways.

tysdad115
07-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Name the book "How to ride your sons coattails by Tysdad"

Really? I was thinking "How to find dumb Fish" , a biography of OD Mike, or "Killing Canal Fish, a day in the life of OD Mike".....:smash:

O.D. Mike
07-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Really? I was thinking "How to find dumb Fish" , a biography of OD Mike, or "Killing Canal Fish, a day in the life of OD Mike".....:smash:

Thanks for the credit!!! :biglaugh:

striperman36
07-08-2011, 03:36 PM

OR SHUT THE FOOK UP AND FISH!!!

iamskippy
07-08-2011, 04:31 PM
:rotf2:OR SHUT THE FOOK UP AND FISH!!!