View Full Version : Just got spooled

WESTPORTMAFIA
07-09-2011, 01:13 AM
In my driveway. the clicker on my conventional must have depressed or something on the ride home. I got all my backing reeled in and about 100 yards of braid. It was looking reel good until a giant birdsnest of a mess. Thank god I have a spare conventional with a buttload of new braid because 50 bucks in braid would have sucked ass at this point. So I will get yelled at tomorrow for playing with my fishing stuff cause that's all I do lol.

iamskippy
07-09-2011, 06:27 AM
cool story bro. trumps my forgetting my handle on the canal and having to go back for it. lol
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

5/0
07-09-2011, 06:45 AM
Funny story Jay,I had a similar thing happen to me,I was coming home from the canal. At some point my line came lose and caught something,God only knows what,well all of my line dumped off the spool.
While driving home not knowing what was happening this car came flying by me and I noticed a long (seemed like never ending)piece of fishing line draped across his antenna and thought wow that's cool :rotf2:some poor bastard lost his line.
Yup it was me:fury:

bart
07-09-2011, 06:56 AM
I was my driving my truck from one spot to another in gansett some time ago with a dead eel hooked up on the outside of one of my guides. when i got to the second spot I found that hook came loose, my line came off the roller, and I had no line left on my reel :smash: hope the hook didn't end up in someone's tire. i was just happy the rod wasn't pulled from the holders....

5/0
07-09-2011, 07:14 AM
I was my driving my truck from one spot to another in gansett some time ago with a dead eel hooked up on the outside of one of my guides. when i got to the second spot I found that hook came loose, my line came off the roller, and I had no line left on my reel :smash: hope the hook didn't end up in someone's tire. i was just happy the rod wasn't pulled from the holders....

Sounds like you lucked out,must be some nice rod holders you got there:grins:

Have fun out there this week Rob & hope you go large:cheers:

Jackbass
07-09-2011, 08:42 AM
That blows thankfully your rod didn't take off. I always hook the line to the stripping guide with a plug and then wrap the line around the rod so that hopefully won't happen
With a conventional in free spool not much you can do.

bart
07-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Sounds like you lucked out,must be some nice rod holders you got there:grins:

Have fun out there this week Rob & hope you go large:cheers:

those rod holders have treated me well, Bob. a little beat up now, but still work great. a great deal for a 12 pack and custom plug :grins:

hope you are well. was going to PM you to see if for some off chance you were taking the camper down there( I think you told you camped down there before). We will have to hook up soon. take care my friend..

MAKAI
07-09-2011, 10:06 AM
I never use a knot to start filling a reel, just a piece of electrical tape.
In my shore bait fishing days, I've been spooled a few times by boats.
Happens fast, besides if a fish from shore took you down to the knot are you still in the game?
I know 3 people who have had their rods lost out of sand spikes, who knows. Turn your back for a few minutes anything can happen, boats,seals, sharks etc. :huh:

WESTPORTMAFIA
07-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Didn't you do that a couple of times? Lol

Funny story Jay,I had a similar thing happen to me,I was coming home from the canal. At some point my line came lose and caught something,God only knows what,well all of my line dumped off the spool.
While driving home not knowing what was happening this car came flying by me and I noticed a long (seemed like never ending)piece of fishing line draped across his antenna and thought wow that's cool :rotf2:some poor bastard lost his line.
Yup it was me:fury:

striperman36
07-09-2011, 10:16 AM
I have more than a few setups exit the boat because I had knots on the spool.

I am going to have to try the tape thing