View Full Version : FCC messing with the GPS system

Van
07-13-2011, 10:09 AM
I got emails both from my marina and boat US telling me of a private company that asked permission to use a radio frequency right next to the GPS frequency we use on land and the water. If allowed to go through (follow the $$$$) it will likely cause interference and lack of signal in our GPS devices. They gave a link to send a letter to the FCC whihc I have already done. Its a quick easy process. I hope this link works.

As a result of a new proposal to use radio bandwidth right next to the existing GPS service, the future reliability of the GPS system across the United States is now in question. We encourage you to contact the FCC during a short 30-day public comment period, to help them understand the public’s need for continued, reliable GPS signals for safe navigation on boats, in cars, and for so many other daily uses.

CLICK HERE TO TAKE ACTION

http://www.boatus.com/gov/gpsaction

Van
07-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Anyone do this?

Bueller?

Got Stripers
07-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Curious if anyone noticed GPS accurracy off last Sunday, usually when my boat icon is next to a bouy I can reach out and touch it; that didn't seem to be the case this past weekend.

Fishoholic
07-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Signed

MakoMike
07-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Done. I also posted it on several other websites.