View Full Version : Be careful out there Yak Rats!!!

O.D. Mike
07-14-2011, 04:29 PM
We watched the helicopter go all the way down Plymouth beach, in and around the harbor, then follow the coast into Kingston. We watched this as they did this trip 4-5 times yesterday around 1 in the afternoon....

Unmanned kayak found in Plymouth Harbor spurs Coast Guard search - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger (http://www.patriotledger.com/archive/x1186097843/Unmanned-kayak-found-in-Plymouth-Harbor-spurs-Coast-Guard-search)

BigFish
07-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Thats why we "Scramble"...nice size group to watch out for each other and learn from each other!:kewl:

FishermanTim
07-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Heck, I'd be willing to bet that although we do sometimes head out "alone", we end up seeing other yakkers in our travels.
I make it a habit, kind of second nature, of checking to see who is around me regardless of what type of watercraft they occupy.
That way, I know where they are and should they need help, and I can assist, I can do so.

What I suspect might have been the case was someone beached their yak before high tide and forgot to pull it up beyond the high water mark.
I would certainly hope that it isn't a case of someone falling out and being at the mercy of the sea!

Let's hope that it's the former and not the latter!

After reading the article, it looks more like a case of someone not beaching the yak high enough on the shore.
The kayak was found drifting with a lifevest and the paddle on board, signs that more than likely prove my presumption.

Hey, if no one claims it, maybe the CG can auction it off to a S-B member that wanted to try kayak fishing?