View Full Version : lost fly rod set up last year at gooseberry

maxum16
07-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Hi I know this is probably not going to do anything but what the hell I'll give it a try. Last year July 2010 I lost a Temple Fork Outfitters 9wt fly rod and reel at Gooseberry Island in Westport, Ma. The whole setup was in a tan hard shell case. If anyone has any info please let me know. God bless....

piemma
07-15-2011, 01:20 AM
Hi I know this is probably not going to do anything but what the hell I'll give it a try. Last year July 2010 I lost a Temple Fork Outfitters 9wt fly rod and reel at Gooseberry Island in Westport, Ma. The whole setup was in a tan hard shell case. If anyone has any info please let me know. God bless....

Last year????? And what, you just noticed it was gone? :smash:

JohnR
07-15-2011, 07:41 AM
Last year????? And what, you just noticed it was gone? :smash:

No smarta$$ :smash: - He just figured he would take a shot now - maybe he didn't know this / many of these places existed :smash:

:love: you Paulie but did someone urinate in your Cheerios :tooth: ?

ThrowingTimber
07-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Paul I misplaced my 36 ' yellow fin... Last year has anyone seen it?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

redlite
07-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Paul I misplaced my 36 ' yellow fin... Last year has anyone seen it?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I FOUND IT!!!!!!
It is sitting behind Westport Bait and Tackle.
36 ft yellowfin center console with triple 300 Merc 4 strokes.
If yours had a FLIR system on it, then this is it!!!!!
Send me a check for 295k and I'll have it shipped to you.
What a boat. Even my pops was impressed with it.......

piemma
07-15-2011, 09:52 AM
No smarta$$ :smash: - He just figured he would take a shot now - maybe he didn't know this / many of these places existed :smash:

:love: you Paulie but did someone urinate in your Cheerios :tooth: ?

Grumpy!! Spend 3 hours pogy hunting to no avail.:wall: Eels at night now. The easy fishing is over.:fury:

maxum16
07-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks JohnR you are right I did not know about these forums last year and only recently discovered them. Now to all the smart asses who replied to this post....may you catch the striper of a life time only to have the line snap before you get actually put your hands on it!!!! LOL......Peace and enjoy the summer!!!

redcrbbr
07-15-2011, 11:46 AM
It might be worth a shot to go over to the campground and ask someone there. never know

Pete F.
07-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Now to all the smart asses who replied to this post....may you catch the striper of a life time only to have the line snap before you get actually put your hands on it!!!! LOL......Peace and enjoy the summer!!!
You can give it too, you can stay then:)

Swimmer
07-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks JohnR you are right I did not know about these forums last year and only recently discovered them. Now to all the smart asses who replied to this post....may you catch the striper of a life time only to have the line snap before you get actually put your hands on it!!!! LOL......Peace and enjoy the summer!!!

waiting for the SOB who picked up my T3 909 in the Fishermen's Parking Lot on Chappy a few years ago to have some b#$%s and return the rod, which had a brand new wide arbor V reel on it. F'in thief.

piemma
07-19-2011, 10:10 AM

Hey a guy who can take a bb and give it back. I second the motion. You stay!! You're a good guy and truthfully, I hope you find your rod. I have a 10 w sage you can borrow.

maxum16
07-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks Piemma but I bought a lamiglass 9wt from ebay shortly after losing my tfo...I guess it was my way of consoling myself...lol
Truthfully I have never caught anything with it. I have yet to find my self in a situation were stripers are only 40 feet from me while I stand in the surf and are hanging around while I fumble with trying to get the fly out to them...

rickhern
07-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Good spot for it where you lost your rod, just below the portaJohns. Usually lots of Hickory Shad in there as well.

piemma
07-20-2011, 03:22 AM
Thanks Piemma but I bought a lamiglass 9wt from ebay shortly after losing my tfo...I guess it was my way of consoling myself...lol
Truthfully I have never caught anything with it. I have yet to find my self in a situation were stripers are only 40 feet from me while I stand in the surf and are hanging around while I fumble with trying to get the fly out to them...

Try fishing some backwater tidal rivers. Much easier way to start and get the hang of throwing bigger flies.