View Full Version : Rockport/Northshore, be on the lookout

Chubby-Chaser
07-15-2011, 01:01 PM
I sold my gold VS150 (black knob) and my 2 piece 1084 to a man named Jamal claiming to be new to the sport. I went out of my way to meet with this guy on two separate occasions, each time I gave this guy a fishing lesson ranging from knots to drag adjustment also gave him a new gibbs plug to get him started as he had nothing.

After one trip out he calls me back telling me he can't separate the 2 piece rod, no biggie I had the same issue so I said give it back and ill refund the cash. I really liked the rod anyway and only sold it because he said he had nothing to put the VS on and I figured I would hook him up with a sweet combo.

This jerk gives me back the rod and the tip is smashed up, he says I gave it to him like that and actually blamed me for because he lost a bunch of line and some plugs. Seeing as I used the rod just a few days before and actually had to string it up for him when I sold it I knew 100% it was not like that when he bought it.

I told him he was a liar and I took back the rod and went on my way. Ill get the tip fixed so its not about that, but thought since the reel sticks out like a sore thumb (gold with the black knob) some of you north shore guys could tell him Slim says hello and I hope he likes the reel.

No Good Deed Goes Un Punished

The Dad Fisherman
07-15-2011, 01:38 PM
I'll keep an eye out for a guy with a gold VS, Black Knob...reel facing up

Got it.

Chubby-Chaser
07-15-2011, 03:26 PM
I'll keep an eye out for a guy with a gold VS, Black Knob...reel facing up

Got it.

On a white rod 11ft rod

FishermanTim
07-15-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm a nice guy, but I would have told him where ther closest tackle repair shop was located, and what the cost to repair it would be.
Sometimes you have to learn the hard lessons to learn the easiest ones!
When he learns 2 important lessons from this experience, my job would be done.
Those 2 lessons are:
1) "Caviat emptor" or "you break it, you bought it"
2) take care of you stuff or be prepared to pay, pay, pay!!!

Wasn't that a lesson our parents taught us as kids?
The ever-popular response from them was "If you took care of your ______ then it wouldn't have gotten broken!"

Sorry you had to deal with someone that apparently doesn't appreciate the tools of the trade as well as you do!

tattoobob
07-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Slim your way to nice, I would have told him where to stick that rod
and made him give me gas money for a wasted trip

AL617
07-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Please dont confuse this dink for me, black VS, gold handle, black knob. :biglaugh:

Chubby-Chaser
07-16-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm a nice guy, but I would have told him where ther closest tackle repair shop was located, and what the cost to repair it would be.
Sometimes you have to learn the hard lessons to learn the easiest ones!
When he learns 2 important lessons from this experience, my job would be done.
Those 2 lessons are:
1) "Caviat emptor" or "you break it, you bought it"
2) take care of you stuff or be prepared to pay, pay, pay!!!

Wasn't that a lesson our parents taught us as kids?
The ever-popular response from them was "If you took care of your ______ then it wouldn't have gotten broken!"

Sorry you had to deal with someone that apparently doesn't appreciate the tools of the trade as well as you do!

I told him and he said he took the rod to 2 shops and they couldn't replace the tip, he was clearly a liar and just wanted to give the rod back. I guess I felt bad because I had a problem separating the rod, but I just left it together anyway so it didn't bother me. I told him what I thought of him and went my way.

You and Bob are right though, I'm way too nice. i should have told him to beat it, but i didn't and this is the stuff that happens to nice guys.

Tell you what though, Ill never sell another piece of gear to a NewB again.

iamskippy
07-16-2011, 08:18 PM
On a white rod 11ft rod

and a white bucket?

Rockport24
07-19-2011, 10:16 AM
You are right! Somebody like that doesn't deserve to be sold a VS!